Is it too early to have fun at Amusement park? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Is it too early to have fun at Amusement park? Is it too early to have fun at Amusement park?

Unread 07-21-2010, 08:55 AM
Is it too early to have fun at Amusement park?

Hello everyone, I have a question. I am 3 months and 2 weeks post op and I am wondering if it might be too soon to go to an Amusement park? Since I live within a few hours of Silver Dollar City, that was going to be my next destination. We went to Busch Gardens and Sea World a few months before my surgery since we didn't know how long I'd be down and out, lol. I feel great, but I'm worried the insides might not be doing as well as I think, since some rides can jerk you around a bit (or go upside down). Anyone have any suggestions or any experience doing this so soon? I'm really wanting to be able to do this.....

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2010, 09:39 AM
Re: Is it too early to have fun at Amusement park?

I'll be asking my doc on Monday...I need a Cedar Point fix!
Unread 07-21-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz1178 View Post
Hello everyone, I have a question. I am 3 months and 2 weeks post op and I am wondering if it might be too soon to go to an Amusement park? Since I live within a few hours of Silver Dollar City, that was going to be my next destination. We went to Busch Gardens and Sea World a few months before my surgery since we didn't know how long I'd be down and out, lol. I feel great, but I'm worried the insides might not be doing as well as I think, since some rides can jerk you around a bit (or go upside down). Anyone have any suggestions or any experience doing this so soon? I'm really wanting to be able to do this.....

Thanks!
Please let us know what you find out from your doctor. I want to ride some roller coasters so bad. I am 3 months post op, and I had a daVinci.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2010, 11:38 AM

I'm gong around 5 weeks post op so I think ill ask my dr today!
Unread 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM

Im 3 weeks post op , I was hoping to try to go to six flags or something near the end of august .. now you have me worried I might just have to wait till next year
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:43 PM

I would be interested to see what your doctor says. They say it takes 6 months to a year to really be all the way healed so I am not sure I would chance it but everyone is different.
Unread 07-21-2010, 01:48 PM

So I had my appt today and he said more than likely ill be cleared at 6 weeks but he will give his official decision then
Unread 07-21-2010, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabutterfly1 View Post
I would be interested to see what your doctor says. They say it takes 6 months to a year to really be all the way healed so I am not sure I would chance it but everyone is different.
That is what I am worried about. As it was, I was not given the all clear until 8 wks. post op, cause I was healing a little slow on the inside. I have trouble mowing the yard, but I can run around a bit in the backyard with the dog, or playing kickball with family. I'm thinking maybe I should call my dr., but I was also just seeing if anyone here had gone through it ok.
Unread 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM

i asked my dr and he said it was ok and I went at 11 weeks post op he told me to have fun!
Unread 07-21-2010, 07:22 PM

ok, thanks for your input allopez!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register