Scheduled TAH Will symptoms (esp. exhaustion) go away with my fibroids? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will symptoms (esp. exhaustion) go away with my fibroids? Will symptoms (esp. exhaustion) go away with my fibroids?

Unread 11-14-2011, 11:09 AM
Re: Will symptoms (esp. exhaustion) go away with my fibroids?

For the last couple of weeks, whenever I eat anything filling, I feel like I have a load of concrete in my lower abdomen. Can't wait to get this over with. It helps so much to read all of the similar stories!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-14-2011, 10:53 PM

I am only 6 days post op and i feel wonderful! I'm off pain meds so I think its a legitmate feeling. I had a lot of the same symptoms you described and my last gyno put me on birth control as my only solution and never looked at my uterus as an issue. I let 4 years go by and i switched my dr and went in for a routine annual and they found 7 fibroids and a cyst on one of my ovaries. During surgery they found vericose veins on my uterus also which i had never heard of but contributes to pain and bleeding. In hindsight, I feel like i fooled myself into living with all the pain, extremely heavy periods and bloating because i didnt second guess my first dr. The only way i can describe it now is it just feels "quiet" in my lower abdomen. I was always constantly gearing up for another period or recovering from a brutal one. It might be too soon to make this judgement but i think i feel better 6 days post op than i have in the last 3-4 yrs. I hope this gives you something to look forward to as well.
Unread 11-15-2011, 06:25 AM

That is wonderful! I hope you continue to feel better every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2011, 11:25 AM

For several months leading up to my trip to the castle, every time I sat down, I wanted a nap. In fact, if I was at home, I often just went ahead and took a nap. This was not normal!

Since coming home from the castle, I haven't felt that desperate urge to nap once - even when recovering from surgery!

I had the hysterectomy to remove a fibroid, but the pathology report also found adenomyosis. I find it remarkable how draining these were to my energy level.

Best wishes to you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register