Lightheaded 4 weeks post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lightheaded 4 weeks post op Lightheaded 4 weeks post op

Unread 01-01-2012, 09:50 AM
Lightheaded 4 weeks post op

Hello, this is my first post. I'm just 4 weeks post op and having trouble with extreme light headed/weakness. Upper arms feel heavy, can barely get basics done, lasts several hours and then goes away. Feels like a bad case of vertigo/motion sickness mixed with weakness. Sometimes I wake up like this in the morning and it goes on for hours. Also having lots of headaches too. Can anyone please suggest what this might be? Thanks. 58 yo, lap hyst, ovaries and cervix in, bladder repair/sling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Re: Lightheaded 4 weeks post op

A call to your dr. might be in order. If you are still taking narcotics this could be caused by the meds. Another cause can be blood sugar or blood pressure. Headaches can be med related or blood pressure too. Better to have the dr. take a look than to worry. If it's nothing then you'll be reassured.
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:26 AM

I'm also having lightedness, but it's on and off. Headaches also. I wonder if it could be hormone related? I know the headaches could be because I had PMS headaches before surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2012, 12:22 PM

Don't know if I'm replying correctly but here goes. Thanks so much for your replies to my first post. Spent 10 hours in ER the other day because of these persistent feelings of hotheadedness, weakness, shakiness, vertigo...etc. They didn't really find much although my heart rate was low but it always seems to be. I'm on blood pressure meds and the doc suggested I should be on half the dose. I also think it might have something do to with blood sugar. Does a hyst affect blood sugars at all? Also, does anyone else have this clamping, vice like sensation at the top of the vagina? Is it scar tissue and how long does it take to subside? I notice that it's worse at some times than others. Also having lots of mood swings and driving my poor husband nuts.
Unread 01-01-2012, 12:56 PM

I am 12 days post ( LAVH - bladder sling) op and struggle with light headedness - I have been off pain meds for 5 days. I also had low blood sugar - it caused me to pass out Christmas day and wound up back in the hospital for 2 1/2 more days - I also take blood pressure medication but have had really low blood pressure since my surgery. I am going in for my 2 week post op on Wednesday and gonna ask my doctor if there is a connection. I'm also emotional - didn't think I would be since I kept both ovaries and had night sweats last night!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register