2 wks post op, got hit in the stomach :( | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 wks post op, got hit in the stomach :( 2 wks post op, got hit in the stomach :(

Unread 12-28-2008, 06:58 PM
2 wks post op, got hit in the stomach :(

Hi ladies,

On a good note my recovery was going well..until this afternoon. My bf was playing with our dog and the dog got overexcited. I was just sitting on the bed watching them, when out of nowhere our dog turned around and thought I was playing too so he pounced with his front paws and hit me square in the abdomen. He's a medium sized dog, about ten pounds give or take, but the blow was enough to make me hunch over in pain.

It's been a few hours since that happened and I'm still sore. I'm only just past the two weeks post op mark. Should I be worried my pooch did some damage when he hit me full force like that? I'm just paranoid about internal damage I guess, so I thought I'd ask for some advice.

Also, how do you know when your stitches start melting and falling out? Do you actually see bits of stitches?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2008, 07:09 PM

I would call your dr in the morning to let them know what happened.They can always tell you if you need to be seen or not.I too would be concerned about internal damage.I know if you are in a car accident or something like that then you definitely should be seen.I think this warrants a call in the morning.Some people do see stitches and some don't.They look like tiny spiders.Not to scare you but they really do.I was totally freaked out when I saw mine.Mine were late coming out so I only saw them in week 7 or 8 some come out earlier.I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 12-28-2008, 07:13 PM

I agree with protea that I would call the docs office just to make sure. Better to be safe than sorry. If you have any bad pains or new bleeding then I would call ASAP, otherwise I think it would be fine to wait until tomorrow. I was also a slow healer. My stitches didn't start coming out until the 6-7wk mark. I only saw a couple of pieces.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2008, 07:56 PM

Yep,

call the doc. just in case.

Take care,

Kara
Unread 12-28-2008, 08:02 PM

OUCH!! I would call my dr. in the morning to just to be on the safe side.. Keep us posted. Hope he didn't do any damage.
Unread 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM

Personally, having been through a similar knock at a smiliar point in my recovery I would be calling the Dr - I had a soccer ball kicked into my stomach and it made my cuff stitches "wiggle around" (dr's words) and took a little while to settle again.

Always a good idea to call and check.
Unread 12-29-2008, 08:09 AM

I have two little poodles, one 3 1/3 lb and a 7 lb one. I don't feel anything with the little one but the other one pounced on my ab to get off the bed, wow did it make me flinch. I was alittle sore but just rested and by the next morning didn't even notice. It is amazing how just alittle extra weight makes all the difference. I hold a pillow on my stomach now when Scooter is around me.
Unread 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM

Ouch!!

Steph, I hope you are feeling better. Did you call the doctor?

Hugs,
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:12 AM

No I didn't call yet, I'm waiting a bit longer to see if it will pass, my problem is getting out to a doctor, without the buses running, it's hard to get there, I haven't received my "sick pay" from the gov. yet either so no money for a cab sigh, one fall back from not working cause of surgery.
Unread 12-29-2008, 11:35 AM

I do hope you are feeling better.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register