four weeks post-op with morning pain | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

four weeks post-op with morning pain four weeks post-op with morning pain

Unread 11-01-2010, 08:10 AM
four weeks post-op with morning pain

I'm still having pain but mostly in the mornings between 4:00 and 6:00 and then I'm cranky/sleepy for the rest of the day. I thought this would be over by now since I'm young and I've healed from other surgeries fairly quickly before. I'm having to do school work (i'm a teacher) and deal with the extended absence from my students, but I don't feel ready to return because of this morning pain. I'm scheduled to return to work the monday after Thanksgiving, but will I really be ready? I've got a three year old who desperately wants mommy to pick her up and my husband is having serious "withdrawal" issues. I'm frustrated beyond belief because I feel like I'm being asked to "get it together" by way too many people who I feel do not understand my situation, pain, or concern for my health. I've been periodically taking my prozac (diagnosed with clinical depression 4 years ago) but it doesn't seem to help the sadness I feel sometimes or the urge to cry...like right now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2010, 08:52 AM
Re: four weeks post-op with morning pain

Hey Tenacious 6,
I am going on 5 weeks post op. I feel just like you, better this week than last. I coulld not go without my 1-2 hour naps. I can't even imagine having a 3 year old to take care of too. At week 3 I had my crying episodes. My doctors office and nurse were rude to me when I asked about the pain I was having, basically said to "deal with it, you have had a lot done." Then had a rude manager at a store who yelled at me when I asked a question, so I spent the whole afternoon in bed crying. My husband was very sweet, but, I think he thought I was going crazy! He has been very understanding until last week. He is also going thru "withdrawals" and has been bringing it up every day, driving me insane! He has been counting down the days! So, please don't feel alone. Every week gets better, just listen to your body, sleep when you need too. Remeber, we only have one time for recovery from this!! Have a better day my friend!
Unread 11-01-2010, 10:34 AM

Mornings are really rough for me too! I usually wake up about 3:30 and take another pain pill to get me thru till morning. After I get my daughter off to school I go back to bed to sleep it off then. I've tried sleeping with extra pillows and that has helped some but I still wake up hurting more than I want to. I'm starting back to work today just 1/2 days (as the doc ordered) so I'm working afternoons so I can still have my mornings to sleep. My daughter is 4 and also wants me to pick her up so I just make her go sit on the couch with me. That has helped so she still gets the feeling of me holding her but not having to pick her up. As for the hubby....tell him to grow up!!!!!! Seriously you've just had MAJOR surgery!!!! Make him read some of the posts on here as what others have gone thru when they've had sex to early or even some after they've been released! Does he really want to end your "session" with a trip to the ER??? Thank God my husband is extremely supportive and is not in a big rush at all! Best of luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2010, 11:01 AM

It does get better you just have to remember when the healing process is over you will be pain free every month.
I'm 8 months post op and have never felt better.

As far as the husband I was very lucky with him. But I did tell him everything I read on here and what women were saying that didn't wait to be released. I was a little mean and said to him one day that my surgery was like them taking is testicals off. He just about doubled over in imaginary pain. I tried to get him to watch a utube video of the procedure but he said he couldn't stand the thought of what I was going to have done. It made him very upset to think about it. I'm blessed with a wonderful husband and father to our 2 children.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register