Hysterectomy yesterday (1/19) - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy yesterday (1/19) Hysterectomy yesterday (1/19)

Unread 01-24-2017, 08:55 AM
Re: Hysterectomy yesterday: Pain is surprising

Today is much better. I drank more water yesterday and stayed away from doing the bending and carrying so I think today will be better

Going to try to do some things today but trying to not to do too much. Recumbant bike 5 minutes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2017, 10:00 AM

Ugh. I'm constantly surprised by the array of problems in this healing process. You would think that at 4 weeks you wouldn't be having so many issues. Again, it's a very serious surgery and my body also keeps reminding me of this fact. Your updates are helping me be on the lookout for "fun" in the future, and I appreciate it. Prayers and happy thoughts going your way.
Unread 01-24-2017, 10:38 AM

I think doing too much too soon is a problem for a lot of us women! Letting others do everything for us is difficult, but it's so important for our healing.
Unread 01-24-2017, 08:42 PM
Hysterectomy yesterday (1/19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksulli8940 View Post

Today is much better. I drank more water yesterday and stayed away from doing the bending and carrying so I think today will be better

Going to try to do some things today but trying to not to do too much. Recumbant bike 5 minutes
I have no thoughts of getting anywhere near any kind of bike until at least my six week mark. I would think it would hurt...

Brandy
Unread 01-25-2017, 12:14 AM

Oh my! Goof for you! I can't even imagine doing that any time soon! It's been 8 days for me and I tried laying down in my bed (instead of the recliner) and when i got up I pulled something and I thought I was going to die. It stung on the entire left side of my body and even after walking a little my toes were tingly. Wow!
Unread 01-29-2017, 10:16 AM
Re: Hysterectomy yesterday (1/19): Pain is surprising

I feel ya sista! I was in tears yesterday (1 day postop) -today i feel a little better. The percocet didn't help the way I had hoped. Thank god the worst of it is over (hopefully). How soon did you shower post op?
Unread 01-29-2017, 10:46 AM

I showered on my second day. Make sure you keep the water to your back.

Brandy
Unread 01-29-2017, 10:53 AM

Hello,
Congratulations on being on this side of your surgery. Everyone's healing journey is different. I wasn't able to shower for 5 days post op. I'm now 13 days in, and showering still takes a lot out of me. I had a full robotic assisted lapo hysterectomy, and I think I thought I was going to be doing cartwheels by this time, but the reality for me is that I won't be doing that for quite some time. Like I said, everyone heals differently, but I think one thing I wish would have happened is I wish someone would have been totally honest with me about recovery. It's honestly been pretty painful for me, but I know I'm healing and that my body just went through a very invasive procedure. That's the reality, but I'm definitely looking forward to a life of no severe menstrual bleeding and the uterine cancer is gone so that's a huge plus. Lol.
Unread 01-29-2017, 10:55 AM

Oh! Also, I highly recommend a belly binder!!! It's made ALL the difference for me!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register