First myomectomy and now hysterectomy on 2/6 due to adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

First myomectomy and now hysterectomy on 2/6 due to adenomyosis First myomectomy and now hysterectomy on 2/6 due to adenomyosis

Unread 01-28-2017, 06:30 AM
First myomectomy and now hysterectomy on 2/6 due to adenomyosis

Hi sisters, I am Kristina and I live in Switzerland since 2010! If you have questiones about the differences in health care in US and Switzerland pls do not hesitate to ask! I am one of those ''lucky gals'' that will go thru the both surgeries myomectomy and hysterectomy. In 2013 I have done laporascopic myomectomy (two large fibromas and begining stage of adenomyosis)🤕 removal and now since the gyno did not succed to scrap off the adenomyosis which he did say would be difficult but we were hopping that my heavy bleeding is due to large fibromas and not so much the adenomisis, I will have to go do a total hysterectomy leaving ovaries intact. My symptoms are not as severe as I read in here: no back pain nor even too strong cramps or menst pain that cannot be controled by ibuprofen however I have strong bleeding it is almost always twice a month for 5 days! I have a very busy life and I travel a lot for work and pleasure and it limits my lifesyle. I am schedulled for opp for Feb 6th and wil post my progress and comparison of both surgeries. Please send me your positive thoughts as I am very
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2017, 03:55 PM
Re: First myomectomy and now hysterectomy on 2/6 due to adenomyosis

Hi pretty_in_pink -

I have read of other ladies who have had myomectomy, followed by a hysterectomy later. So you are not alone. We also have adenomyosis ladies on this site as well.

I am glad you are excited for your surgery. It will be here soon.

Unread 02-06-2017, 01:58 PM

I had my LAVH, kept both ovaries and removed cervix, uterus and fallopian tubes. I am writting this 12 hours after the surgery and must say I am feeling excellent. Blood pressure is normal and I was able to go to the loo(9many times by now) had a small bleeding, on a scale of 1 to 10 pain level is 2 took 1 tab ibuprofen 600, 1 tab drafalgan 500 and now before bed something a bit stronger (do not remember the name it was in swiss). When I walk around the room I do not need to crunch I can stand straight. Had some showlder pain from the gas but nothing extraordinary. I compare how I feel now vs after the myomectomy (laparoscopic as well) Hysterectomy is way better, easier, way painless. I am so happy with my decision. I hope this positive update will help other systers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2017, 02:28 PM
First myomectomy and now hysterectomy on 2/6 due to adenomyosis

Thank you for letting us know about your surgery!! Please keep us posted on your progress. I really appreciate it.
Sending you lots of hugs and well wishes on your recovery.
Unread 02-06-2017, 10:12 PM

Lots of hugs to you too! We need to share our positive experiences here.Usually when we feel good we move on but is is important for pre-opp systers to read our positive progress!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register