Bladder leakage... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder leakage... Bladder leakage...

Unread 07-03-2006, 11:50 PM
Bladder leakage...

Ok first, sorry if this is blunt, but i have a question for you. i had a TVH w/ tube and ovaries all removed on June 20 (14 days ago) and now i have been noticing my bladder leaking alot. Its leaking to the point of i can notice a urine smell after a while. I also have Interstitial Cystitis, but havent had this problem before. Has anyone else had this problem? I have called the Dr. office alot asking different questions so i thought i would ask you all first b4 i called her yet again. Thanks HUGS all.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2006, 06:58 AM
Bladder leakage...

I had a quite a bit of leakage for the first couple of weeks post op, I would stand up and feel it start to trickle. I also had bladder spasms when I woke up in the night and had to go to the bathroom and often wouldn't make it to the bathroom in time. Fortunately, all this has subsided and things seem to be back to normal now so hang in there. I would check with your doctor though if you're concerned. My doctor said it was caused by the swelling and damage to nerves in that area and would resolve on it's own in a few weeks - she was right!
Unread 07-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Bladder leakage...

I've been so worried myself, thank God for this site! I had a TAH with bladder sling. Everything was going well (except for the opening of the incision a little) and then at about 2 weeks I woke up from a deep sleep with a large discharge feeling, then came another one, I got up and another came & it was pouring down my legs. This has happened a couple of times. One night I was reading a book and I could feel a trickle, I had absolutely no urge to go to the bathroom but I did anyway and of course I was able to go. I'm so worried that I'll have to have further surgery to fix the bladder sling. I don't really have time for complications as I'm supposed to be moving from NY to NC in a week or 2. The DR says if it doesn't improve within 2 weeks there's a med they can give. Hopefully it will clear up. Do any of you feel any sort of spasms? I feel nothing, it just comes! I think I might worry less if I actually felt some sort of spasm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2006, 11:08 PM
Bladder leakage...

I have IC and i really dont feel the leakage, but notice that my panties are wet or i smell a urine smell.
I am afraid i have an infection or that something else is wrong w/ my bladder. Hope its nothing tho. What is a bladder sling if i may ask. Some of these terms here i havent ever heard of sorry. Hugs all
Unread 07-05-2006, 11:19 AM
bladder sling

When I decided to have the TAH I told the DR while you're in there fix my bladder! I have six kids and my bladder was dropping I guess. If I sneezed, laughed or coughed I would pee my pants - literally. Sometimes I could barely make it to the bathroom. What they do is take a piece of mesh that is shaped like a sling (or hammock) and place it so it holds up the bladder. It's stitched in. It's a 30 minute procedure and can be done vaginally, it's also an outpatient procedure. I had a sneezing fit the other day and didn't pee - IT WORKED!!
Unread 07-10-2006, 01:55 PM
Bladder leakage...

There’s an article called “Vaginal Dryness” on the bottom of the main Post-Op page. It discusses how not staying lubed can also affect your urethra and cause some leakage. The urethra runs alongside your vaginal wall. It also mentions different forms of lubes that are out there.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register