TLH Hope for ladies worried about orgasm... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hope for ladies worried about orgasm... Hope for ladies worried about orgasm...

Unread 10-01-2015, 03:38 AM
Re: Hope for ladies worried about orgasm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joudi77 View Post
Great news. So happy to hear that Was vaginal dryness an issue? Did you use any lubricant? I am 4 weeks post op but still have not got the green light from my dr.
I haven't gotten my green light either but I'm 7 weeks post op from TAH and wanted to let you know that lubrication has not been a concern of mine. I'm very...'anxious' to get back to things. Twice I've woken up to little orgasms and when I... 'take care of' my husband I get a lot of lubrication. It's been very hard not going all the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2015, 06:31 AM

Nope I'm not experiencing any vaginal dryness, still just as good. I do still have one ovary though. For the women that do experience vaginal dryness, try KY warming jelly!! It's great!!! We use it sometimes even though we don't need it and love it!! The warming sensation it has really feels great!!
Unread 10-01-2015, 07:04 AM

Thank you for those awesome updates! My dr tried to reassure me but he's a 62 yr old guy. I wasnt a believer-lol
You guys are great☺
Unread 10-03-2015, 09:10 PM

Imin a fb group and women are having orgasms from oral our foreplay no inserting as early as 3 or 4 weeks!! Im not even thinkin of that stuff and im almost 4wks post op! I wouldnt do anything without dr clearance though
Unread 10-04-2015, 06:20 AM

Thank you so much for overly sharing. I'm so excited to get back at it. I'm 11 dpo. I've tried a little masturbation with no luck but I was more scared and that was weighing on my mind.
Unread 10-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Hope for ladies worried about orgasm...

[quote=snowrider555;4669208]So I had my total laparoscopic hysterectomy last Wednesday. The doctor said no sex for six weeks, but that we could still act like ***** teenagers until then with fondling on the outside when I was feeling the urge.

So anyway, I'm a week post-op and finally felt to the point where I was "in the mood" -- so with terrible fear of a ruined sex life, we tried things out again. Hope this isn't too much info, but I had been terrified of a ruined orgasm after hearing about the removal of cervix/uterus. Anyway, it was totally not the case for me. It was amazing. Still have the deep "pulsating" sensation in the vagina, as well as the external orgasm. I never had the feeling of missing any part of the orgasms I had pre-surgery. I am so beyond relieved and wanted to offer my story to any other women that were like me and freaking out due to some of the bad experiences written on here by others. I know everyone is different, but I thought a story about a "happy ending" (haha) might make some people feel hopeful. [/QUOT

I'm six weeks post LAVH and since day 4 of my surgery I have been having orgasms in my sleep (not every night but at least once a week) I masturbated on day 7 just to see if my sensations were the same and they were. It's been a little crazy not giving in to my husband and my desires but we've kept our sexual Adventures external until I see my dr next week. I'm counting the days until I can get some internal stimulation!

Good luck with your sexual activities! 😎
Unread 10-11-2015, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regina.m.l View Post
Thank you so much for overly sharing. I'm so excited to get back at it. I'm 11 dpo. I've tried a little masturbation with no luck but I was more scared and that was weighing on my mind.
i spent my 1st 3 weeks with a swollen and numb vagina it was uncomfortable and weird when i washed myslef in the shower down there it didnt feel like myself bc it was numb and swollen.. like idk how to describe it but to my hand it was like *** this doesnt feel like me or maybe it was my brain saying it for my vagina idk but it was weird.... i havent tried anything at all yet and im about to be 5 weeks.. i have dreams about passion and the build up before actual intercourse like the want and desire etc but not ever going into the act i always wake up haha.. ive had the dreams since the beginning and through all of my healing so far but then awake i was having 0 desire.... i think around 3 weeks i kinda had a feeling of desire/turned on but i was like is this for real? i knew if i tried touching it woudnt do anything for me bc everything down there was still off but i kinda had some desire for about 10min or so layin in bed at night tryin to sleep then it went away but it was enough to where i was like hmm maybe im not broken afterall... then about 4 weeks i had a strong desire to just please my husband i wanted him i wanted to feel the love and passion etc (ive never in my life had an orgasm not even on my own alone etcso for me sex is about everything else) anyways i just wanted to hug on him and love on him and what not but i didnt feel it like omg i need u right now i didnt want to just rip his clothes off but idk how to explain it... like i wasnt turned on to the point i was feeling the desire in my vagina like umm the throbbing pulsing or whatever u feel when ur wanting lovins... but he was definitely on my mind all day so that made me so happy i told him that night when we were making the bed that i had actually bee thinking of sex and stuff finally bc it was never on my mind... farthest thing from my mind actually.. but that day i had been missing it... anyways i joked to him that my fb groups were saying outer play was ok as long as u didnt insert anything ... he was soooo tired and i was just kidding anyways i didnt feel the desire to actually act on anything.. but he was like hold onto those thoughts til tomorrow! we didnt bring it up the next day but those thoughts were gone again... its not on my mind again... and sometimes i want to touch not out of desire just curiosity if i can get it going and see if things are working again but i dont want to be frustrated by my mind and my vagina not being on the same page lol... i can totally see it being like a male moment of totally wanting to go for it but then their penis not being on the same page and they cant "get it up" yea ive so had that happen from a guy before hahaha but oh well... anyways i didnt want to have the female version of that so im just gonna keep waiting and maybe after 8weeks of nothing i will love it a ton when it does happen...oh and they said if u get oral just make sure to wash up just to be safe bc of the germs in ur partners mouth etc and still healing inside... my dr said she suggests no sex til 8 weeks just to be on the safe side.. i know some ppl have been told 6 but i told her id rather be sure things were healed and so would my husband and besides before surgery i already knew it would be the furthest thing from my mind... hopefully my open-ness wasnt too much for u... im definitely one of those that doesnt have a problem with talking a about sex i dont find it embarrassing at all so feel free to ask me anything or share anything u want nothing is tmi for me.. this goes for anyone reading this...i know some of my friends are so shy and private but occasionally talk about it and others we talk about it openly no matter what time of day lol its like talking about what we are making for dinner etc its just normal for us... i know its taboo for some and i know its hard to ask personal stuff sometimes... but hey im here if yall ever need to talk
Unread 10-12-2015, 11:28 PM

Love readings all these responses! I'm 2 weeks post op so I haven't been able to have sex yet but I had exterior os and they are GREAT!! Nervous for the go ahead in a few weeks but excited too since it will be new to me and my husband 😁
Unread 10-12-2015, 11:48 PM

This is all very encouraging so thank you for sharing your experiences. Anyone out there who has had a transverse cut TAH can report the same . i.e no loss of orgasm or better ?I was convinced that during orgasm my uterus contracted.My orgasms a pretty weak but I have been on anti depressants for 8 months.
Unread 10-13-2015, 03:50 PM

same for me! was so worried and waited 7 weeks until i resumed sexual activity - i had no problem reaching orgasm - for me i saw a therapist before the surgery to get over the feelings of having "failed" as a woman (i dont have kids) or that i was "incomplete" without my uterus. Worked through those feelings and the sadness before surgery - it has been 6 months now and I don't regret having the surgery one bit. I realize I was carrying this broken uterus for far too many years

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register