Adenomyosis?? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adenomyosis?? Adenomyosis??

Unread 08-23-2005, 10:06 AM
Adenomyosis??

Back to the tipped uterus thing -- do you suppose there is a simple link between adenomyosis and gravity? Like when you are sleeping, if you have a normal uterus, fluids flow out, but with a tipped uterus, fluids flow back and pool up in the uterus? After years of this, the disease takes hold?

Just a theory. I don't suppose anybody has ever studied this because it is a health issue that doesn't affect men.

I'd really like to see a survey of women with adenomyosis to see how many of them have tipped uteruses. Just from this thread, there appears to be a strong correlation.

Maybe we could figure out whether the tipping caused the adeno or the adeno caused the tipping. Wouldn't that be interesting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2005, 10:16 AM
Adenomyosis??

Mine was tipped too. I don't know if there is any evidence of a cause/effect - but I wonder if adeno creates more symptoms in women with a tipped uterus....so those with a tipped uterus are more likely to have a hyst & be diagnosed?

Unread 08-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Adenomyosis??

adenomyosis is a type of endometriosis which is in the uterine lining. It isn't usually diagnosed until hysterectomy. I recently had a hysterectomy and the dr. saw it then. He also took out the ovaries and said they looked normal but that was good because that told me the adenomyosis (or endometriosis) hadn't gone to the ovaries, which I have read that can happen. If you know much about endometriosis, it can be everywhere outside of the uterus, so if you have adenomyosis, which is in the uterine wall, the treatment is hysterectomy and they usually like to take the cervix since it can extend to that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2005, 02:26 PM
Adenomyosis??

Just saw a post by sistabeth that pointed to this website - check it out:

http://www.endometriosistreatment.or...enomyosis.html

Lots of good, easy to understand info!
Unread 08-24-2005, 05:10 PM
Adenomyosis??

I read somewhere that endo can be so bad it can grow in other areas like on organs and even in RARE cases the thigh? Does anyone know about this?
Unread 09-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Adenomyosis??

Well I had endo inside uterus, on ovarie, abdominal wall and between the rectum and vagina. However my uterus was fine otherwise, no tilt or prolapse.
Unread 09-16-2005, 09:43 PM
Adenomyosis??

BK---i've heard of that---not of it growing in the thigh, but of it growing in weird places. i read a magazine article about a woman who had a lung colapse-----it turned out to be caused by endo----i think it had to be highly unusual.
Unread 09-17-2005, 12:27 AM
Adenomyosis??

I was also diagnosed with adeno via my pathology report. My dr insisted that I have a copy. For years I've had heavy bleeding(two pads at once) and blood clots, not to mention the constant heavy cramping. The only thing that puzzles me is the bad pain in my lower right side. I don't see how that could have been from adeno, but I don't know. I was diagnosed with fibroids for many years but there were none there. I had a tubal done in 1996, I always wonder if that's what caused most of my problems.
Unread 09-17-2005, 08:48 AM
Adenomyosis??

When I first started seeing my GYN for symtoms he said he suspected fibroids or adeno. When ultrasound came back with no fibroids he said he was almost certain it was adeno. He had followed me through both pregnancies and knew my history. Never had any female problems in my life. Very regular. Conceived easily. It just didn't match endo. My problems didn't start until after I had my babies ! Actually the first one was a difficult forcep delivery and he was rather large and that was the beginning of all the problems. I had a 12 week enlarged uterus, constant bloating, lots of bladder and bowel problems, leg pains shooting down the back of my left leg, lower back pain. My bleeding was for the most part normal, but as the adeno progressed the symptoms started getting worse. I was experiencing these symptoms the week before, the week of, and week after my period. So I went from 1 bad week out of the month to 1 good week. I am also one of those few that had the opposite problem . . . no heavy bleeding or clots. I was almost not bleeding at all, but doing lots of spotting. My period was coming every 21 days at the end, but I'd spot for a week, bleed heavy maybe one or two days, then spot again for another week or longer. It was strange, like the blood was all stuck in there. AND did I ever feel bloated! I'm not really sure about the tilted uterus? I know I had prolapses and my URO commented twice about my bladder being tilted (like that wasn't normal) but then when I looked up some info on the internet about prolapses/bladder I got the impression it was supposed to be tilted/angled a bit? I guess mine was the wrong direction!? Never really understood that and he always talked way over my head ! I did have a cystocele and rectocele from delivering the large babies, so some of those issues probably contributed to my symptoms also. But my pathology did come back positive for adeno. GYN also said it was very boggy, spongy as well.

s

jmw
Unread 09-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Adenomyosis??

JMW
You wrote that you never really understood your Dr. that he sspoke way over your head. Feel free to ask him to explain in non medical terms so you can understand him. After all you are paying him a good price to help you. You have a right to know what is happening so you can make the right choices for your health care. Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register