Scheduled TAH Upcoming hysterectomy 12/9: Just so emotional | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 12/9: Just so emotional Upcoming hysterectomy 12/9: Just so emotional

Unread 12-01-2015, 12:35 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 12/9: Just so emotional

I'm sure I'm not the first, but is it normal to be fine and then completely fall apart when thinking of my surgery? Mine is next week. I've had it planned since September so I feel like I've had forever to think about it. I've had c-sections so I have some idea of what my abdominal surgery will be like. I have an incredible support system. Today my parents of the kids I teach threw me an early Christmas party. They've already coordinated meals. My family will be a huge help. I just get so anxious thinking about the actual surgery. Right now all I can do is cry. Sorry...just needed to vent and have a little pitty party. I know other people are far worse off than me. I know I need perspective. I'm just so ready for this to be over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Re: Just so emotional

You are among friends here! It will be OK! It is natural to feel nervous but remember you are having this surgery to improve your overall health and well-being. It sounds like you have a wonderful support system which helps tremendously. While the days and weeks leading up to your hysterectomy can be stressful and nerve wracking, you will feel better once it is all behind you. Concentrate on YOU right now. Do your best to prepare but also papmper yourself. You will get through this and you have an army of women behind you, helping you through this journey.
Unread 12-01-2015, 08:02 PM

Hi awallace711 -

Yes, the emotional is very normal. This is such a difficult surgery to digest and process.

I several times before my surgery and many more times after. I remember a huge freak out several days before my surgery. All of this is normal.

You are not alone in this - we are here for you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-01-2015, 08:11 PM

Hi awallace711,

I know just how you feel as well. My surgery date is 12/8. I too have had some crying off and on. At my pre-op appointment I cried in the exam room before the doctor came in. My hubby was with me, and asked me all kinds of questions to talk me down. I was worried I would be crying when the doc came in, but I was able to hold it together. I'm still really nervous, but I know this has to be done.
Unread 12-01-2015, 08:37 PM

My surgery date is 12/10. I started crying the other day myself. I was watching the Charlie Brown 50th Anniversary special last night. When Linus started giving his bible verse reading about the true meaning of Christmas being the birth of the Christ child, I started crying. I found it a bit ironic that I'm losing my ability to have children around the very season that celebrates the birth of one. I know for sure I don't want children and never have. My DH and I are both fine with that and more concerned about doing what's best for my health. I think the irony of it all hit me at once. Although thinking back on it, I feel kind of lame for crying over Charlie Brown! I've been pretty calm about everything, but now I feel like it's crunch time to get everything done before next Tuesday, since Wednesday will be spent doing my bowel prep. I agree, I too was thinking, "I can't wait for this to be over!"

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register