Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-19-2004, 02:51 PM
Question

Hey girls! I am pre-op, but I need some advice from those ladies who have already been through recovery. This may sound insignificant, but my husband and I have tickets to a concert that I have been waiting years to see. We got the tickets 4 months ago, long before scheduling surgery. The concer is 12 days after my surgery. If I rented a wheel chair so that I didn't have to walk, do you think I would be able to go? We spent a lot of money on these tickets and have excellent seats, I hate to give them up. But, my health is obviously more important......Advice???? Thank you!

Dove

“Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but by how we react to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst...a spark that creates extraordinary results.”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2004, 02:55 PM
Question

Everyone recovers differently. Why not play it by ear? If you feel up for it, go; if you don't, stay home. Your body will let you know what you can handle. I was off pain meds by day 12, and might have been up for a concert (especially if it was one I was dying to see!).

--Liz P
Unread 07-19-2004, 03:09 PM
Question

12 days post-op might have been a little too soon for me but it also depends what type of hysterectomy you are having...

i wish you the best in your recovery and if you decide...have a great time at that concert!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-19-2004, 03:34 PM
Question

I ran into the same problem. We bought tickets to see our favorite band many months before I was even considering surgery. With this band, even though we had assigned seats, we normally spend alot of time standing and dancing in our spots (we see them at this venue once a year). My surgery was 2 weeks before the concerts. As much as I wanted to go, I was just too wiped out to do it. I sent my hubby & friends off to the show with my blessings.

Listen to your body. Good luck!

Donna
Unread 07-19-2004, 03:44 PM
Question

Thank you! I am having a vaginal hyster with laparoscopy ovaries and cervix removed. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I'm not going to let my husband miss it, this is supposed to be the last time he'll ever tour. So, he will have to find someone to be "on-call" to go if I don't think I can make it. I really hope I can go, but don't want to push things. Thank you for your responses!

Dove
Unread 07-19-2004, 04:35 PM
Question

I would have been up for it 12 days post op.....but like posted before everyone is different. At 10 days post op I had to remind myself I had even had surgery.
Unread 07-19-2004, 04:40 PM
Question

I went to a professional baseball game a week post op. We stayed till the bottom of the 6th inning and then headed home. I was very sore and tired, but it was worth it (my first). My only advice, take your pillow and pain medication. AND don't plan anything for a couple of days after, you won't want to do it.

Have fun!
Unread 07-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Question

I am 12 days post up today and I would be up for it. You are just going to have wait to see how your recovery goes.

Good Luck and I hope you're up to attending the concert, cause that means your recovery will be smooth and easy.
Unread 07-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Question

I had my syrgery as a LAVH. I would NOT have been able to attend a concert at 12 days post-op.

I think you should ask your doctor's opinion. Just don't do anything to compromise a complete recovery.

s
Unread 07-19-2004, 05:42 PM
Question

I'm like u - surgery is scheduled for Sept2 (TAH, removing cervix & keeping ovaries - I hope) and my graduation after 2yrs of studying is Sept10 - 100+ miles away! - not sure if I'll be able to make it or not. My kids really want to go and see their mom get her certificate but I'll have to see how things go. DH would be doing the driving but I'm not sure about seatbelts and stuff.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register