trying to keep mind busy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

trying to keep mind busy trying to keep mind busy

Unread 07-15-2010, 08:46 PM
trying to keep mind busy

I have never felt so many different feelings at one time!!! happy sad anxious nervous relieved scared....I try to keep my mind busy doing things so I dont think about the surgery but it is difficult...does any1 have suggestions?? I have cleaned the house over and over again and I work and have 3 kids but still every single day nearly the entire day it is all I can think about
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Re: trying to keep mind busy

Perhaps word puzzles, or cross words, or suduko, or if you have Facebook there is a wealth of free games to keep your mind busy... If you are a reader get a series of books as you'll probabaly read them quickly and that way you have more incentive to keep reading them, thus your mind busy. Or try movies with lots of sequels. Or tv series. You can do OnDemand series for free. Maybe now is the time to learn spanish or something using a cd or the computer. I don't know. hee hee.

Our minds are so tough to keep on task when we are filled with something like this or least mine is. Hope you do find something though. Good luck to ya.
Unread 07-16-2010, 05:34 AM

I try to look at recovery time as a kind of vacation. Lying down watching TV, reading books and then going for relaxing walks sounds not this bad. Good experience for the family if mummy is not always there to fix everything.
Think about the positive: your pain/bleeding will be gone, life will be better.

Best wishes and many hugs!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2010, 08:56 AM

I am feeling the exact same way. My surgery is Monday. My friends threw me a good bye uterus party last night. It was so sweet and fun to actually laugh about it. One of my friends has already had it done so she is a wealth of info.

I am a control freak so having no control about what I can and can not do is filling me with anxiety. I feel like my husband and 3 teenagers are going to fall apart without me. (I know in reality they will be fine) Just so scared.
Unread 07-16-2010, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrfly22 View Post
I have never felt so many different feelings at one time!!! happy sad anxious nervous relieved scared....I try to keep my mind busy doing things so I dont think about the surgery but it is difficult...does any1 have suggestions?? I have cleaned the house over and over again and I work and have 3 kids but still every single day nearly the entire day it is all I can think about
Honey believe me I know exactly what you are feeling. I cry ALL the time sometimes for no reason!! can just be watching tv..tears; using the restroom for the zillionith time..tears; typing this reply..tears any and everything running through my mind..I really feel like I'm losing it!! I'm just frustrated as heck!! I just want to sleep but can't pain wakes me up, stomach swole and Lord knows running to the bathroom is about to "run" me crazy...well just wanted you to know u are not alone..trying to sit up and connect w/ my sisters here is the only form of relief I seem to have. Come on 7/29!!!! Hey who knows I like the idea of the party lol.
Unread 07-16-2010, 04:59 PM

Thank You All!! I think I am just letting my nerves get the best of me. I know everything is gonna be so much better when I am all recovered. I just cant wait until this is all done with.
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:01 PM

OMG!! So nice to hear I am not alone!

I just posted a thread yesterday that said "uh,oh, I'm already crying"... My surgery date is Wednesday, 21. And this week I started crying & tearing up awfully weird times, not sleeping well, waking up with headaches every day (I think from clenching my jaw from stress)..Started last night with swollen glands (not sure what this is about).. There were quite a few replies on the thread... it which did help, but reading this helps to. I've been cleaning, shopping, laundry, prepping food, etc.

We do not have any children so I'm sure I can sleep when needed.
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:42 PM

Oh boy - I hear ya! I'm right there with you. Waking up w/headaches all week; cleaning the house like crazy - trying to keep busy any way possible. I scheduled for Tuesday. I'm a nervous wreck about heading into surgery and just can't wait to be on the other side! Wish we could just jump to this time next week....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register