flu-like symptoms, full bladder, intestinal disruption-post-op day 10 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

flu-like symptoms, full bladder, intestinal disruption-post-op day 10 flu-like symptoms, full bladder, intestinal disruption-post-op day 10

Unread 07-09-2013, 07:56 PM
flu-like symptoms, full bladder, intestinal disruption-post-op day 10

Hello,
I am 48 yo and am post-op 12 days from Davinci Total Hyst & bladder sling tack. I was never so "whinny" with 3 labor/deliveries and another surgery, but this has taken me by surprise. I am having so many weird symptoms... bladder feels full all the time (no burning) even when empty, weird intestinal & rectal cramping pain when having bm (& I am NOT constipated...I go at least 2 -3 times/day), and since 2 days ago, I've started having flu-like symptoms without fever - achy bones & joints, headache, skin sensitive to touch, and general feeling "YUCK"! All abdominal poke holes are mostly healed & perineal incisions for bladder tack are fine... healing, though uncomfortable because of panties cut right where incision is! Any advice? Are these normal "zero hormone" symptoms? Do I need to call MD? My 2 week visit is in 3 days. I will have SottoPelle bioidentical hormone pellets inserted at that visit. Thanks for your input! Blessings!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:14 PM
Re: flu-like symptoms, full bladder, intestinal disruption-post-op day 10

You just described exactly how I feel. Just feel yuck and that I'm sick but I'm not. I just kinda thought it was normal. You're not alone sweetie big hugs! I did keep one ovary so I don't think it's something to do with hormones but you never know.
Unread 07-09-2013, 08:17 PM

I had my surgery the same day as you. I don't think I had a bladder sling tack though and my doc was able to keep one of my ovaries. My bladder feels full and I have no bleeding or spotting. When I pee everything is fine up until the end....that's when I feel a very unusual discomfort. I think it might be from the cath back from the hospital because that is right where the discomfort is, but I don't know. Also, I have had rectal cramping, as if I am severely constipated but I know I am not. I race to the potty and shake in pain, but glad when it passes (no pun intended). I have fought headaches, "menstrual" cramping throughout the day, but the pain hasn't been so bad to take pain meds. All my pokes have healed. I know if I walk at a normal pace, bend more or just plain overdo it, my cramps are more uncomfortable than usual. I go for my first post op on Thursday and am looking forward to it. I layed in bed way to long yesterday and ended up with lower back pains. Take it easy. I hope me telling you my experience helped a little.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 08:28 PM

I had symptoms like this also. I was so weak that I went to the ER because I just knew I was dying. I thought the ER was a joke. I felt like I was crashing and all they kept telling me was that maybe I was constipated. I was having BM. One of my doctors suggested that I may have had a lower bowel obstruction. Well I thought that was ridiculous because I had BM the day before. Well the next day, finally after 6 hours of trying to have a BM, my body finally released its hold and I had a horrible, but full, BM. It was one of the worst things I had every experienced. I have never had children but that would be the closest explanation I could give. I immediately began to feel better. Point to this story, even though you are having some BM, you may not be passing the heavy stuff stuck lower in your gut.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register