LSH question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-18-2005, 04:01 PM
LSH question

The MRI I had a week ago confirmed my doctor's suspicion that I have adenomyosis so, we're going to chat about our options tomorrow. Not if there will be surgery, but rather, what kind.

Has anyone had an LSH? It sounds so 'good' on paper compared to the other procedures, but I'm wondering if there are side effects, like continued menses or endo regrowth (especially if we're keeping the ovaries).

I've searched and searched and can't seem to find the answers and I really want to go into that appointment tomorrow with some prior knowledge. It's all so overwhelming, but I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

One thing for sure. This website is a blessing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 04:26 PM
LSH question

Hi Missevy,

I had a LSH and I am very happy with my surgery results. A LSH is a less invasive hyst. I had my surgery at an outpatient facility and I was back to work slowly at 2 weeks, with a Dr's okay.

I think the most important thing with a LSH is to be a ~good~ candidate for the surgery. I had normal pap smears for years and I had a sturdy cervix.

Here is a link that briefly discusses the LSH:

http://www.laparoscopicsupracervicalhysterectomy.com/

I am not an expert on endo. From what I have read on Hyster Sisters, two reasons for post-op ovary removal can be cysts and endo. I would discuss it with your Dr. and you can then make a good choice for yourself.

Here is an endo llink:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...=endometriosis

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 05-18-2005, 06:10 PM
thank you, Mary

Thanks for the reply, Mary.
I will definately take a look at those sites!
It sounded too good to be true but if it's an option I sure would prefer it to weeks and weeks of recovery.
Evie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2005, 06:30 PM
LSH question

Hi Evie,

Here is a Hyster Sisters link that goes over the LSH also. Just scroll down:

https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/hsa...p?s=&id=152317

You will find several LSH ladies on Hyster Sisters at any given time. Please feel free to post your questions and hopefully we can help you out.

Also, wanted to add about "continued menses". Sounds like you are talking about a mini-period?? I had my cervix cauterized during surgery and I have not had a mini-period in post-op. A small percentage of ladies get a mini-period in post-op.

Best wishes again,

Mary
Unread 05-19-2005, 01:24 PM
LSH question

i had my lsh on may 9th and have to say it has been a breeze for me recovery wise....the pain was mainly the gas..i did not have endo or anything so i can't comment on that..but talking to the sisters that i have.i believe it was the easiest route to take as long as the endo is all removed and the cervix is ok..i had three very samll incisions that are almost completely healed...as for the rest of me ..my heiney hurts from all the other repairs but not from the lsh..all the horrible thoughts I had about the surgery and recovery turned out to be unfounded..wishing you the best in which ever you choose, hugs, me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register