2 days post hysterectomy - lump above bellybutton? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 days post hysterectomy - lump above bellybutton? 2 days post hysterectomy - lump above bellybutton?

Unread 06-29-2014, 10:46 PM
2 days post hysterectomy - lump above bellybutton?

Had my uterus and cervix removed due to extensive endo and ademyosis and cancerous cells on cervix. I noticed hard lump right on top above my bellybutton today...it's a little warm and painful to touch and hard. The doctor didn't seem to know or care what it was but I'm really worried because it just keeps getting bigger...it's pretty bruised on that spot too...I was released today and had two different doctors look at it but they didn't explain what it could possibly be so I was wondering if anyone else has/had experienced this? I also am having some pretty severe lower back pain where it's running down the sides of my hips too. I'm exhausted and have barely slept. What the heck is going on?? 😔
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2014, 11:30 PM
Re: 2 days post op lump above bellybutton?

I had TAH BSO 5 weeks ago. I, too have a hard lump right above my belly button. I am going to doc on Wednesday and am going to ask him about it. Perhaps it is just the way I was stitched or stapled up as my incision is from belly button to pelvic area. Will let you know what I find out.
Unread 06-30-2014, 06:30 AM
Re: 2 days post op lump above bellybutton?

I had a laparoscopic with a mini laparotomy on the 19th. I have lumps at all of my incision sites. I didn't call my doc but I did some research as to what it could be. It could be anything from a hematoma to normal tissue swelling. All of the things I looked at said that if there is redness, heat, increasing pain, fever, increase in size, or drainage, you should notify your doctor. I read of a lot of situations where the doctor didn't seem to be too concerned about it, but nobody knows your body like you do. I hope it all works out well for you.
Stacy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register