Fibroids/uterus/pressure mounting | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibroids/uterus/pressure mounting Fibroids/uterus/pressure mounting

Unread 12-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Fibroids/uterus/pressure mounting

When i learned my fibroid had doubled in size it explained alot. but when i learned i would be having it out... i keep experiencing more and more preasure in the abdoman. sometimes I almost feel pregnant. (no not possible anymore dh took care of that)
also feel full most of the time. not sure it is stress or the preasure. just seems strange- and wondered if anyone else had wierd feelings like that?

46, TAV - uterus and cervix going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2007, 07:43 PM
same thing!

Yep - those things are some of the things I have complained about. Sometimes I feel so "full" that it is exactly like being pregnant! I am soooo looking forward to that feeling being gone!!

I am scheduled for my LAVH on Dec 31 (Happy New Year to me - literally!!)
Unread 12-16-2007, 07:56 PM

Yes, I definitely had a lot of pressure before my surgery. My uterus was the size of a 12-wk pregnancy. Thankfully, all that pressure is gone now and life's good!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2007, 12:37 AM

This is EXACTLY how I feel right now. My surgery is Feb. 4. I have felt like I am pregnant for about 2 1/2 months now, and I know I'm not... I always feel so full. I have been just picking at food because when I eat even 3 bites of something I just feel full. I also have so much pressure in my uterus as well. I just feel like it's a weight in there. I workout a lot (mostly run), and I haven't been able to run much lately because of the pressure.

When they did my ultrasound in October I had some small fibroids, but a bumpy uterus lining (and abnormal looking, too). So, they sent me in for a uterine biopsy to rule out cancer. Luckily, there was no cancer. So, the doc said it's either fibroids embedded in my uterus muscle, or it adenomyosis. But, the more I read about adenomyosis, I'm sure that is what I have. Every single symptom I read about is what I feel.

So, whatever is going on in there is causing the same feelings you are having.... gee... i wonder if my fibroids have grown? Well, it's all coming out Feb. 4, so i guess I'll find out then. I do know my uterus is enlarged. My OB/GYN told me it's the size of a 12 week pregnancy.... not surprising since all of my pants are tight in the waist and I've been living in sweats!

You are not alone!! :-)

-loves to run
Unread 12-17-2007, 06:44 AM

sorry you haven't been able to run. that must be so frustrating for you? i work out too and have found the enlarged uterus (20 wks) does not like my ab workouts at all. thank goodness Ive still been able to do my walking, the eliptical and the bike. I plan on hitting the gym for a last chance workout on thursday- then out it comes on friday.
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:28 AM

Over the last month I have started to feel full in the evenings. I really had not paid it much attention, but last week when I went to the doctor I found that I had lost 12.5 lbs. I guess the full feeling is stopping me from eating like I used to. We can't find any other explanation for it.

I hope I get a date for the castle soon. Not that I can't afford the weight loss, but it seems that now that I have accepted the idea of a hysterectomy - I am getting addition problems/discomforts. I know that my fibroid is huge and the assumption is that is causing all of this.

Not fun, but hanging in there!!! Relief is around the corner ... I hope.
Unread 12-17-2007, 07:49 AM

I think this is pretty common with fibroids, especially if they are submucosal (inside the uterine cavity). I certainly had it. My uterus was 12 - 14 week size.

In my case this also put pressure on my bladder. I felt like I needed to go all the time. Then I'd get to the toilet and there would be hardly any urine.

Thankfully the hysterectomy took care of all that.
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:56 AM

Fit&Ready,

Yes, it is frustrating that I can't run like I used to. I can run, but not as long as I am used to. Before all this took a turn for the worse (about 2 months ago), a "normal" run for me would be 6 - 7 miles.... around an hour of running 5 days a week. Now, I run for about 20 minutes, or maybe 30 minutes on a good day and then I have to stop, and I'm lucky if I can do this twice a week... my abdomen just starts to ache when I run. It must be the impact. But, I can do other things. I can do the elliptical, stair master, stationary bike, and I still lift weights, but I try not to use my core too much.

I am counting down the days to Feb. 4. I wish I could have the surgery sooner, but my husband is traveling in January.

Other things I'm experiencing in addition to the fullness and pressure feeling is I sometimes get these little pains in my legs, so I am wondering if my uterus is pressing on a nerve or something. Not to mention that i also feel like I ahve to go to the bathroom all the time. Also, when I sit for a long time (like at a movie, or if we go out to dinner and are sitting for a couple hours) for some reason sitting for that long is uncomfortable, and I have to stand up. Weird!

can't wait to get this all taken care of! I can relate to everyone who is posting on this thread!
Unread 12-17-2007, 03:43 PM

well at least you can do other stuff besides run.but i have a friend who is a running and it must be really difficult for you not to be able to do what you love.
Trying to squeeze stuff for us into everyone elses calendar is no fun. when i saw my dr. a month ago i said i could do this on this day- its the only time i had six weeks open. he said we'll do it then. as far as the sittting- i find the same thing. I have do it all day at work, but i walk 2 miles at lunch and really helps stretch it out- think it gives it room or something..
my fibroid is on the outside of my uterus and their just doesnt feel like their is enough room for everybody- or they are not playing well together. lol.
Unread 12-17-2007, 08:27 PM

I had these feelings exactly! I named my largest fibroid Ralph, because it was pushing up on my tummy, giving me heartburn and making me feel a tad ill at times.

I'm 2 weeks out and noticed after a few days that my tummy is not as large (despite the post-op swelly belly), the heartburn is gone, the pressure is gone, and I'm not running to the bathroom every 20 minutes. It's great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register