Surgery scheduled | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery scheduled Surgery scheduled

Unread 09-23-2011, 09:34 AM
Surgery scheduled

I went to one of my two Preop appt with urogyno.He is doing a Suburethral Sling and Cystoscopy.He diagnose me with incontinence. He explain what he will be doing. He said it will take 1/2 hour and he will do it first.Then the other Dr that is doing the davinci surgery will continue the surgery.Both Dr are very nice and listen and explain. Im having my uterus remove and will clear Endo and Adhesions. And we talk about my right ovary if it looks healthy he will leave it if not he will remove it. So it will all determine once he gets in there and see. So I will have my Pre op with 2nd Dr doing hysterectomy Oct 11. The surgery is scheduled Oct 19. Last night I got some anxiety and some feeling of scared. Im trying to prepare myself for the surgery. I have lots of things to do before. And I am wondering how I'll be feeling 3 wks after surgery my brother is getting married Nov 11. I really want to get this surgery going but they couldn't give me earlier because of two Dr scheduling there times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Re: Surgery scheduled

I have had the suburethral sling and a DaVinci surgery for a fibroid. Both were fairly easy recoveries; I'd say you should be okay to sit quietly at your brother's wedding but don't expect to be jumping around dancing. The adhesions and endo may make for more internal discomfort. My surgeon had to take hundreds of stitches for the adhesions. I had abdominal surgery on Monday; I'm just able to sit up long enough to post a few things today. I certainly don't feel like driving this week, but I'm feeling much better than I expected to feel this early. Don't forget to wear something loose and comfy though.
You will feel more in control if you do your preparations beforehand. I know I did, even though I didn't need most of the things I brought! Try to keep the fretting to a minimum; you are having this surgery to feel better and you will. What happens afterward will happen afterward. Peace to you and better health.
  Quote:
Originally Posted by heal75 View Post
I went to one of my two Preop appt with urogyno.He is doing a Suburethral Sling and Cystoscopy.He diagnose me with incontinence. He explain what he will be doing. He said it will take 1/2 hour and he will do it first.Then the other Dr that is doing the davinci surgery will continue the surgery.Both Dr are very nice and listen and explain. Im having my uterus remove and will clear Endo and Adhesions. And we talk about my right ovary if it looks healthy he will leave it if not he will remove it. So it will all determine once he gets in there and see. So I will have my Pre op with 2nd Dr doing hysterectomy Oct 11. The surgery is scheduled Oct 19. Last night I got some anxiety and some feeling of scared. Im trying to prepare myself for the surgery. I have lots of things to do before. And I am wondering how I'll be feeling 3 wks after surgery my brother is getting married Nov 11. I really want to get this surgery going but they couldn't give me earlier because of two Dr scheduling there times.
Unread 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Re: Surgery scheduled

Hello MrsAllnut I hope u feeling a little better.So u are in the other side recovery.Thank u for the information and for the support.So how has ur sling been working?I just been so drain and sick of having pain for a while.I has just gotten worst.I cant walk for a long period of time I start feeling pressure in my pelvic and got to go bathroom.But I am in the waiting now.Im making a list of things I need and setting the house. My best wishes to your recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register