Multiple sclerosis and hysterectomy recovery | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Multiple sclerosis and hysterectomy recovery Multiple sclerosis and hysterectomy recovery

Unread 01-31-2017, 09:57 PM
Multiple sclerosis and hysterectomy recovery

I am 5 days post Laparoscopic total hysterectomy with BSO. I am 39-hyst due to severe endo and adeno. This was my 3rd surgery. I also have MS. I'm curious about your recovery and how much your MS may have affected you.

So far I'm ok but do have some numbness in my fingertips and worsened prickling in my feet. I expect to feel off for a while.

My surgery pain is under control and I'm slowly increasing my activity. I'll be discussing hrt at m 4 week post op.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-07-2017, 05:46 PM
Re: Multiple sclerosis and hysterectomy recovery

It sounds like you're doing well so far. Moving, whether around the house or to the mail box, is good for our healing.

I don't have any personal insight to MS and how it might affect your recovery. There is an article here on surgery preparation for patients with MS, and stated within it "There have not been any specific studies regarding MS and recovering from a surgical procedure. Additionally, there is no evidence that the stress of surgery will induce an exacerbation of MS, or a “flare”." The National MS Society website confirms this in an article on anesthesia and surgery as well.

Some Sisters have tingling or numbness in their legs or upper thighs, and it's usually regarded as nerve damage; however, it might be a good idea to give your doctor's office a call, especially if the prickling is getting worse. Update us when you can!

Unread 02-08-2017, 08:08 PM

I too have MS as well as RA. I had a TAH BSO and my recovery has gone well. I did have to come off all my meds for the 2 conditions to help my immune system do the job of healing and that was at doctors orders. Not sure what your doctors wanted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2017, 09:20 PM

Thanks for your responses. I'm doing well. The new prickly pain has ceased. My fatigue is improving. Overall, I can't complain much. I'm not on any DMD so I didn't have to do any immune building prior to surgery. I did have some menopausal symptoms starting so I just started estrogen replacement. The estriol is very important for MS patients so we got that going. I'm 2 weeks post surgery tomorrow.
Unread 02-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Multiple sclerosis and hysterectomy recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella111 View Post
Thanks for your responses. I'm doing well. The new prickly pain has ceased. My fatigue is improving. Overall, I can't complain much. I'm not on any DMD so I didn't have to do any immune building prior to surgery. I did have some menopausal symptoms starting so I just started estrogen replacement. The estriol is very important for MS patients so we got that going. I'm 2 weeks post surgery tomorrow.
Keep me posted as will I you. I'm unable to take any hormones due to a clotting disorder

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register