Not Scheduled Hysterectomy+ Colorectal surgeon | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy+ Colorectal surgeon Hysterectomy+ Colorectal surgeon

Unread 06-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Hysterectomy+ Colorectal surgeon

Hello all, I'm brand new to the forum. I'm a 28 year old mother of twin girls. I found out yesterday, I will be needing a Hysterectomy, removing the Uterus and both Ovaries. My surgery date is not.scheduled yet, bit we are planning onthe Da Vinci method. 2 years ago today, I had 7 feet of Colon removed which left my Small Intestines and one inch of Large Intestine.
I have had a total of three abdominal surgeries, and plenty of adhesions (especially after my vertical incision with my C-Section where I almost had to have a hysterectomy). My OBGYN foresees trouble with the surgery, in regards to my intestines. They want a Colorectal Surgeon to assist. I was told there was a good chance that I may wake up with a temporary Ostomy. Has anyone else woken up with an Ostomy, I'm a bit worried and feel even more alone knowing this could happen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2013, 07:06 PM

I'm on my phone, sorry about the grammar!
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:57 PM
Re: Hysterectomy+ Colorectal surgeon

Hi TickledPinkTwic!

Your post is just fine..... I think we all speak phone grammar.

I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this and at such a young age. I do not have any experience with what you are dealing with. Hopefully someone who does will see this post and respond. But regardless, you are not alone - never on this site. We are here to help and support you.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-29-2013, 08:03 PM

Thank you, in real life I'm the only one. As bad as it sounds, its nice to know that I am not alone!
Unread 06-29-2013, 09:18 PM

You are not the only one.....I am having my surgery done by an ob/gyn oncologist because I have intestinal issues as well......have had 6 abdominal surgeries so far.......please post if you have any questions or if I can help in any way .
Unread 06-30-2013, 12:06 AM

Thank you. I can say before my Colectomy, I was mentally prepared for an Ostomy, Im just not there yet. She makes it seems highly likely, so I'm just wondering how likely it really is?
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:12 AM

Not sure that I can answer that....I am on the opposite end as I only have 6 ft of small intestine....you're supposed to have 26 ......that is why an oncological ob/gyn is doing my surgery...there will also be a gastro intestinal surgeon they in hand as well to combat any unanticipated problems once they get inside .
Unread 06-30-2013, 07:14 AM

Plus the best way to prepare for something like that is....expect the worst....hope for the best...and accept what happens....easier said then done but any day above ground is a good day .
Unread 06-30-2013, 10:47 AM

I'm lucky that I still have Small Intestines though. That's my thinking, expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised with better
Unread 06-30-2013, 05:04 PM

Yes ma'am. !! My first four surgeries were before I was 6 mo.old...have dealt with this my whole life so I understand the fear and frustration...it does get easier .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register