what'sgoing on here? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what'sgoing on here? what'sgoing on here?

Unread 05-28-2005, 04:29 PM
what'sgoing on here?

This is "The" strangest thing. I have had trouble for a while. But more recently it's gotten worse. (Fundal fibroid, excessive bleeding, multiple cysts and lots of pain) I saw new DR on the 11th of May (scheduled surgery for 6/27/05 that day)... on the 18th... the bleeding stopped! Poof... it was gone. Still have the pain and some 'new' ones. Like bending over.. it hurts aweful. right at my belly button.. yes, I'm a bit fluffy... but I have been, so it's not the weight. I have an ever present numbness--like a streak down my left leg, my foot feels 'asleep' 90% of the time.
I don't mean to sound as if I'm upset about NOT bleeding. That's not it at all. It's just I haven't have had 2 days in a row for I don't know how long without aunt flo. And now, it's 10 days. I keep thinking maybe I've blown these complaints out of proportion all this time. And when they do surgery, I fear they will find Nothing!
New things are happening too. Hot Flashes... sheeeew...my family has been walking around in sweats' and covering up with blankets, socks etc... and I'm standing near the a/c vents fanning myself and wiping sweat off. And the crying, at the drop of a hat tears appear with no real reason.
Has anyone done this? I feel like an idiot almost. It's like my body is trying to trick me. I have searched forever to get a DR to listen to me and I've found him and someone turned the **** Floodgates' off to aunt flo.
Grrrrgh... what is going on with me???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 05:01 PM
what'sgoing on here?

Dear W&T

Its your body trying to say "OK, baby, nothings wrong, let's go ahead and cancle it, I promise I'll be good to you!!!" Don't you believe it! You know there is a problem, its only going to get worse so why suffer anymore?

I know in Dec/Jan when I first went to see my dr. I was out shopping with my 5 year old daughter and I considered calling an ambulance because it hurt so bad. Its still painful, but tolerable, but I could probably handle it, but I know what it can be like... and that's not fair to my kids or me to be in so much pain.

So I'm gonna go through with it and come out smiling on the other side.

Roo

P.s. By the way look at my date - I knew after having had this dumb operation scheduled for over four months, I would finally find someone with the same date as me! Goodluck with yours, I'll be thinking of you - you think of me on the table and know I'm right there with you sister!!
Unread 05-28-2005, 05:17 PM
what'sgoing on here?

It's tempting to cancel the surgery when symptoms ease up. I actually have the opposite problem. I was not getting a period, didn't have one for 13 months. Although I WAS bleeding every day for those 13 months, so I just assumed (yeah, I know all about what assume means, lol) that my body was bleeding a little each day instead of a lot each month so that was my period. As it turns out, the bleeding was from a polyp. If I opted to not have surgery, or not take progesterone (to force me to have a period), I'd never get one. Sounds great to me! However, these problems have caused complex hyperplasia with atypia, so if I ignored everything I more than likely would develop cancer (if it hasn't already). So if your body starts to behave, try to not listen to that. If you still feel deep down that the hysterectomy is the right thing for you to do, then by all means go ahead with the surgery. I hear that after it's all over you'll be so glad you did. I know that's what I'm hoping for! And if I wake up to be told they found NO cancer, that's an even better bonus.

Sue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-28-2005, 05:51 PM
what'sgoing on here?

Thanks sisters for the words of encouragement. I thought that was it. I have told DH that my uterus is possessed for a long time now..lol. I guess my little demon is 'behaving nicely" to see how much more I'm gonna take. Well, I'm not taking it. I'm done---if the DR called right now and wanted me to come in, I'd hit the door running!
It's way overdue. I stay run down ALL the time, pain is always always always there. I'm freakin' my DD out completely. She's 9 almost 10.. and started hormonal stuff and is terrified that she will do what I'm doing. (bleed ALL the time.) I had to reassure her just today that if things start happening to her like I'm going thru--I will have her seen ASAP! It's not normal. It's too cute .. also everytime I go to the restroom, my 2 yr old ds ...must .. MUST get out a pad or tampon and hand it to me... I guess even he is use to it. Pathetic isnt' it? Soon that will all be over. Thank God.
Thanks for the reassurance ladies. It's what I needed! Once again, Hyster Sisters came thru!
To Roo.. I will most definatly be thinking of you right before I get my "feel good' meds.. keep me posted. Glad to have someone on the same day as me. yayyyyyy! Good luck to you too!
Redsox---honey I hope and pray that there isnt' cancer there. I will say an extra one for you tonight..for God to send His angels about you and give you some extra comfort right now.
To all of you .. thanks for everything.
Unread 05-28-2005, 06:19 PM
what'sgoing on here?

Christal,

My posessed uterus tried to pull the same stunt on me last month. My gyno told me it was because we scared it! LOL. It's just a fluke I guess.

By the way, I love, LOVE, love your statement on faith in your signature. Did I mention I love it?

Mary
Unread 05-28-2005, 08:08 PM
what'sgoing on here?

Hey weak&tired! I have something similar to your leg numbness. But mine is an all over tingling/electric sensation that is driving me CRAZY! It's especailly noticable when I lie down,but it's pretty much there all the time.

Add that to the multiple muscle spasms that I've been having all over for more than a year, and it's a wonder I'm not jumping out of my skin! Well, I probably would if I wasn't so exhausted all the time!!
Unread 05-29-2005, 06:23 AM
what'sgoing on here?

HI Christal,
Not sure how old you are, but it sounds like you're in menopause (or perimenopause) with the all the hot flashes and moodiness. Have you had your hormone levels checked? If you are in menopause that could explain why your symptoms have eased. From what I've read, the decrease in estrogen often shrinks fibroids and cysts.
Ashley

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register