14 months post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

14 months post op 14 months post op

Unread 10-21-2012, 08:46 AM
14 months post op

Hi ladies,

I haven't written in so long but I wanted to follow up regarding my recovery. Many of you know I went through a very difficult time after surgery with cellulitis infections and a couple stays in the hospital. I had my surgery in August of 11 and spent weeks trying to recover with a body and diabetes that would not hardly let me do that. In January of this year in finally looked like things were actually going well for me and I was finally not getting anymore wet/dry packing in my incision which was now called "the wound". I had to keep wearing pads and using creams and keep getting quarterized because my wound would not close. Not to mention my diabetes was out of control. What was borderline going into surgery had changed to full blown diabetic with numbers in the 500-600 range on any given day, whether I ate or not, whether I followed diet or not. I was informed that when you go through trauma(like surgery) it can make your diabetes uncontrollable. I went from taking a little pill to several injections per day and then I had not one insulin but 2 types, slow acting and fast acting. I was in hell. Then in April I was driving down a street at night in my cab when out of nowhere a young man hit me t-bone style right in the drivers side door, he hit me so hard it spun him around and he also took out the rear side of my van. Yes he was drunk, fled the scene and hit me with no lights on, I never saw him coming. Instantly, a burning sensation was all around my wound and I felt liquid in my pants and found that I had busted open. After weeks of therapy to help my neck and back, it was discovered I have a bulging disk and a pinched nerve. I finally healed up but get yeast infections regularly at the site and have to use creams and pads because the smell is awful, not to mention the reoccurring navel bleeds that become infections. I am now anemic, have a B12 deficiency that I have to get monthly injections for and have a vitamin D deficiency.

I feel awful most of the time or in incredible pain, I now have panic attacks since the accident and on another pill for that, plus anxiety medicine. All total I take more than 24 pills a day to keep going. I hate that I had to have this surgery. I am glad it was done to get rid of the potential for cancer and I do not bleed everyday but I feel worthless most days and I know I can never even think about being intimate with anyone nor have I since this surgery. I have a 16 year old son that I can not do things with because of the bevy of problems since this surgery and my health is in terrible shape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Re: 14 months post op

Oh ladycabbie, I am so sorry. What a horrible story -- did they ever catch that guy who rammed you and ran? I am so sorry you are in such persistent pain. I hope that you get real relief in the months to come, and some peace of mind.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register