Upcoming hysterectomy: feeling scared/heart palpatations | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy: feeling scared/heart palpatations Upcoming hysterectomy: feeling scared/heart palpatations

Unread 10-14-2014, 08:52 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy: feeling scared/heart palpatations

Im new to the sight,but have been reading through the posts. Lots of reassurance which is good.

Anyone have palpatations?

I do and even though inhave had other day surgeries with my heart palps in the past im feeling more anxious about it this time.

Anyone have input?

I have all my cardio information for the anesthsiologist, just jittery about it for some reason.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Re: TAH feeling scared/heart palpatations

I had heart palpitations before my TAH. My gyno sent me to my cardiologist for surgery clearance. Surgery went well and recovery is going well, too. The waiting is the hardest part. Hang in there. Tell your doctor about any concerns you have.
Unread 10-14-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelmsford View Post
Im new to the sight,but have been reading through the posts. Lots of reassurance which is good.

Anyone have palpatations?

I do and even though inhave had other day surgeries with my heart palps in the past im feeling more anxious about it this time.

Anyone have input?

I have all my cardio information for the anesthsiologist, just jittery about it for some reason.
I didn't have heart palpatations. Hopefully someone behind me will be able to jump in and help you. I wanted to send you and let you know that you are not alone on this journey. You have joined a wonderful group of Sisters who are here for you. They will encourage you, love on you, and listen when you just need to vent.
It is very normal to be nervous about this surgery. I had a 5 other surgeries before my hysterectomy and I was more nervous about it than I was when I had double knee replacement. Go armed with all your cardio information and questions when you see the anesthesiologist. Then let him do what he does best -- take care of you.

Stop back in and let us know how you are. Whenever you need to talk we are only a post away.

on your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2014, 09:19 PM

Thank you both. Yes waiting is the hardest part. My pre-ops are on the 22 and they may be able to do my hysterectomy on the 24 instead of the 31st. Im hoping, cuz im driving myself crazy.
Unread 10-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy: feeling scared/heart palpatations

We are here for you. Please let us know when you have your date.

Unread 10-15-2014, 11:56 AM

I have my date it is a scheduled for 10/31 .
Unread 10-15-2014, 12:20 PM

Yes, I did from time to time.Not during this procedure, but I had another procedure,and my heart was pounding.. I did have an EKG and everything came back normal. Better safe than sorry and it's good we are getting checked out,right? Just take it day by day! I KNOW how difficult this is, but take some time out for yourself, and do the things you love to help ease the stress! This site is the main thing that's helping me through it all. Yes, I have a mini support system outside of the web,but no one except for you all know what it's like! Your surgery will roll around quick, and you will be on your way to feeling better!!! Hugs and prayers!
Unread 10-15-2014, 06:11 PM

Hi there

dreamer72, We are so glad that you found us and that HysterSisters has been the support base you have needed. You are not in this journey alone -- we are here for you.

Chelmsford, so glad you got your surgery date. I know that you were hoping it would be earlier and that waiting is hard. Use this time to get your home and recovery space ready. Take some time out to do something for you. It will be here before you know it. Keep us informed about your surgery and how you are. We will see you on the other side.

to both of you. Remember we are here for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register