How long does scheduler take to call?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long does scheduler take to call?? How long does scheduler take to call??

Unread 02-01-2004, 04:19 PM
How long does scheduler take to call??

I saw my doctor last tuesday and she answered all my questions. We spoke of either doing the TAH first or second week in march. She said her scheduler"mona" would call to set it up. I have not heard anything.Soooooooo how long does it take a scheduler to call? I did call the office friday before the weekend to try and reach her and put my mind at ease, but they said she was off!!! So still waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2004, 05:06 PM

Hi Maven -

I feel your anxiety. It's good that you called the scheduler - and if you don't hear from her my monday afternoon (say 3ish) just calll her back. Is your insurance okay? She might have problems to get clearance with that. Just ask her what you can do to help get this done as soon as possible.

I've been through many laps with my ob/gyn's office, and I know my scheduler like she's my sister. We go to Sacramento Kings games together and have seen a few movies. I've had to get agressive with her in the past - but the hold up is usually the insurance company or the hospital. My scheduler was out in Friday too- but, guess what, she had a hysterctomy four months ago - how can I be upset?

She'll call me tomorrow, she knows my insurance really well, and she'll get me in as fast as possible. My advice to you is just know that the scheduler is going to do what ever she needs to to get you in at the least inconvienience to you. Make sure you know her name and it never hurts to be overly gracious. If however, she is unresponsive, you may need to talk to your doctor one on one.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.
Theo
Unread 02-01-2004, 06:07 PM

Wow!

I am in exactly the same position. Saw Dr on Tuesday, said Liz was going to call in a day or two, still no news.

Thanks, theo for the info about insurance and such. I was really getting nervous and fidgety about not hearing.

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2004, 06:22 PM

Hi
I to was waiting. I have to make scheduling at work 6 weeks in advance so was panicing also. They finally called after a week and were wondering why they didn't do it that day. I know she is very busy and we need to get three doc's together that day so it is alot to get organized. That is a job for someone very organized!

Updoo-sie
LAVH/bladder/gallbladder
2-26-04

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register