12th july and frightened | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

12th july and frightened 12th july and frightened

Unread 07-06-2004, 05:32 PM
12th july and frightened

im due to have my womb removed on 12th july ovaries and all the bits im very very nervous what to do shall i go ahead or wait till it goes through natural.....as im 51 this yr in nov and im having this done as im getting alot of bleeding every mth,,,,,,and im a dibetic i have a cyst on my overy and,,, im not sure if i should have this done/////my mum died of cancer of the womb ten yr ago she was 52yrs old......that was only because she didnt go for her smear test,,,,,,help please lorrainexxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2004, 06:12 PM
12th july and frightened

Hello Lorrainxxx! I am 13 weeks post op from a LAVH. They removed everythin except for my ovaries. Don't be afraid. I know how you feel. I also have four kids and I am diabetic. I take two glucophage per day. The hospital will give you glucose in your IV to keep you from dropping. Just be careful because when I was able to eat, my sugar went up real high because they did not adjust the glucose in the IV. What type of surgery are you having? If you are having the LAVH, it is not bad at all. I am a plus size woman and I was scared to death I would not recover easy. Well I was wrong! The only real complaint was the insomnia after arriving home and the exhaustion when trying to get back to the normal routine. I really started feeling better about 4 weeks. (as far as wanting to go out places). When I was in between 3 and 4 weeks I did have a short spell of going backwards in my recovery. I was tired and in pain. My doctor says that is normal and that time. Alot of woman have the same problem. Just part of the recovery he said. Well I hope all goes well. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Michelle
Unread 07-06-2004, 09:07 PM
12th july and frightened

I'm having surgery on July 12 too and I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm a type l diabetic so there are some concerns, but I'm not worried a bit. I'm 41 and so ready to be done with all these problems every month!! I'm sending Happy Vibes your way and I'll be thinking about you as we do this at the same time! They're taking everything out of me too! Mine will be done vaginally so at least I won't have the incision. How are they doing yours? Please stay calm and don't make any hasty decisions. I'm sure you've done your homework and can make an informed and educated decision. Please feel free to email or PM me if you want to talk more! Just think... we're going to become s together!!
s
Michelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-06-2004, 09:09 PM
12th july and frightened

I also wanted to tell you that my Mom died from cancer when she was 42. We have a lot in common. Please remember... You are not alone!!
Michelle
Unread 07-07-2004, 06:48 AM
12th july and frightened

Quote:
Originally posted by Hotshot
I also wanted to tell you that my Mom died from cancer when she was 42. We have a lot in common. Please remember... You are not alone!!
Michelle
thanks lorraine good luck on ur comming op xxxxx g bless
Unread 07-07-2004, 06:50 AM
12th july and frightened

Quote:
Originally posted by Hotshot
I'm having surgery on July 12 too and I CAN'T WAIT!!! I'm a type l diabetic so there are some concerns, but I'm not worried a bit. I'm 41 and so ready to be done with all these problems every month!! I'm sending Happy Vibes your way and I'll be thinking about you as we do this at the same time! They're taking everything out of me too! Mine will be done vaginally so at least I won't have the incision. How are they doing yours? Please stay calm and don't make any hasty decisions. I'm sure you've done your homework and can make an informed and educated decision. Please feel free to email or PM me if you want to talk more! Just think... we're going to become s together!!
s
Michelle
hi, lorraine here,,,,im also having ovaries out i heard that you go off sex and turn into a guy
Unread 07-07-2004, 06:59 AM
12th july and frightened

Quote:
Originally posted by me025431
Hello Lorrainxxx! I am 13 weeks post op from a LAVH. They removed everythin except for my ovaries. Don't be afraid. I know how you feel. I also have four kids and I am diabetic. I take two glucophage per day. The hospital will give you glucose in your IV to keep you from dropping. Just be careful because when I was able to eat, my sugar went up real high because they did not adjust the glucose in the IV. What type of surgery are you having? If you are having the LAVH, it is not bad at all. I am a plus size woman and I was scared to death I would not recover easy. Well I was wrong! The only real complaint was the insomnia after arriving home and the exhaustion when trying to get back to the normal routine. I really started feeling better about 4 weeks. (as far as wanting to go out places). When I was in between 3 and 4 weeks I did have a short spell of going backwards in my recovery. I was tired and in pain. My doctor says that is normal and that time. Alot of woman have the same problem. Just part of the recovery he said. Well I hope all goes well. Good luck to you and keep us posted. Michelle
:lol: thanks made me feel not alone .....everything,s going doctor is doing in from vag xxx
Unread 07-07-2004, 07:29 AM
Surgery Sister

Lorraine and Michelle,
I am also having my surgery on July 12th. I'm 31 and have Cervical Cancer, which is glandular and therefore too unpredictable to leave my uterus in. I'll have my ovaries left, as long as nothing has changed/metastized. On Monday, I'll be thinking of you and the other ladies having hysters on the same day. All my best thoughts and prayers and meditation to you.
Ro
Unread 07-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Re: Surgery Sister

Quote:
Originally posted by rojoju
Lorraine and Michelle,
I am also having my surgery on July 12th. I'm 31 and have Cervical Cancer, which is glandular and therefore too unpredictable to leave my uterus in. I'll have my ovaries left, as long as nothing has changed/metastized. On Monday, I'll be thinking of you and the other ladies having hysters on the same day. All my best thoughts and prayers and meditation to you.
Ro
hi, lorraine here, thanks for your post and hope you are feeling better,,,i did,nt have my womb removed i han a bio and a mirina coil fitted to see if that help,s with the bleeding,,,,,hope it works,,,,,love god bless lorraine xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Unread 07-15-2004, 08:22 AM
12th july and frightened

How are you doing Lorraine? I'm doing great!! I had everything removed and the surgery only took 45 minutes!! I hope you're doing well... I was thinking about you on Monday! I'll look for you on the post-op board!
Michelle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register