waiting and counting down | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

waiting and counting down waiting and counting down

Unread 01-27-2005, 07:40 AM
waiting and counting down

Things are getting tense around here and I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem?

Hubby lost it and yelled at me last night I go in tomorrow at 12:30 pm and I am totally scared but not letting anyone here know it. Hubby is scared and did apologize for yelling but man oh man did I hear how I don't think he cares. I never said this nor did I think I acted that way but I guess he feels different. The girls are all very clingy(we have 3) and I am about to loose my mind between them and my Mother who insists she be at the hospital every single day. Starting to feel like I can't breathe which is not a good thing as last surgery I had this prob when I woke up. I want this done and over since I am in so much pain but thinking about not being able to breathe when I awake is totally freaking me out on top of everyone pretty much smoothering me.
I would love for hubby to be in the recovery room when I wake but I just don't see them approving this. I know that he could calm me if I wake and can't breathe.

Am I totally overreacting here?

Crazed

Jaz
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 03:04 PM

HELLO, AND I HOPE YOUR FEELING BETTER, AND THAT ALL WENT WELL. I PRAY THAT YOUR RECOVERY TIME ALL GOES UNEVENTFUL AND SMOOTH.:dance2:
Unread 01-27-2005, 03:20 PM

You're not alone with the craziness. I go in next Weds for a tvh. My husband and I are not dealing with this well even though we can't wait until it's over with so I can feel better again. Of course my first reaction to his silence and snappy comments is that he doesn't care. In my heart I know better, but it still hurts like the dickens.

It is a very emotional thing to go through and I guess we have to realize that no matter how much we need support and understanding, they are frightened too. They are afraid of the unknown and they have no control over this situation at all.

I've been playing it strong since I found out but I finally broke down yesterday and told him I am terrified. After I admitted that his attitude seemed to change and he was actually empathetic.

One thing that has helped me feel better is yoga. I'm usually a runner but just don't have the strength in me right now. Yoga makes me feel much calmer. I figure it's something I can do as I recover too.

Jaz, try to focus on how much you are loved and the fact that you will soon feel better. I have placed my marriage and my recovery in my faith and I have to believe everything will be fine.

Bless you,
Liza
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2005, 05:09 PM

I know how scary it is. I had a SAH last Friday 1/21. The night before I didn't sleep a wink and I told my husband that he could re-marry if anything happened to me!! My youngest son did not go to school the day before the operation (he said he didn't feel well). The morning of the surgery, I cried like a baby when I said goodbye to them. It is a very emotional time.

It is now 1 week later. I know that everyone says this, but BELIEVE ME..the waiting is absolutely the worst part. The surgery went well. They just removed the uterus. It was like a huge balloon loaded with fibroids. Recovery was so much easier than expected. I just had my staples removed today. I am a little sore....but so glad it is behind me.

The worst part is waiting. You will almost laugh at yourself for being so scared when it is over. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery.

Mickey
Unread 01-27-2005, 05:15 PM

I know I'm probably too late in my reply but I hope all went well. I know how it is I have been such a basket case and it seems to be getting worse. Last night I blew up at My DH (Poor thing) who inturn blew up at me. But as soon as I was done I felt a lot better. (Tention Breaker Had To Be Done.) I'm still totally stressed out about whats going to happen and what has to be done before then but I'm teying to take it one day at a time and thinking OK Thats One Less Day I Have To Wait. Yeah! But I hope fully will make it. 10 more days and counting.

Courtney

TAH (Everything Gone) Scheduled for 2/8/05

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register