10 days to go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

10 days to go 10 days to go

Unread 10-06-2001, 09:11 PM
10 days to go

I have ten days to go for my TAH, and I am starting to get very anxious. I have been reading some older posts and am concerned about my decision to have the cervix removed as well. Some ladies talk about "bladder support" and I was hoping someone might enligthen me on the risks involved.

I haven't had any children but had a ectopic pregnancy about 15 years ago, so i know what to expect with the cut, although I am a bit heavier now than i was then and have more of a belly, I am hoping this wont cause any more problems.

I am having all the usual second thoughts, but keep thinking about the end result and telling myself it will be worth it. Next year will be better!

Are there any other Aussie ladies out there?

Oz Lady
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-06-2001, 09:33 PM
10 days to go

Hi Oz Lady....I too am heavy with that bigger belly. I can tell you that things will be fine. I didn't have any problems due to that. Whenever I got out of the shower, I would pat it dry really good and then use a blow dryer on it. Just to be sure that it got dry. I did have my cervix taken out. I was not so sure at first as well, till after taking it over with my doctor. Of course I got more info than I needed to know. But to let you know..he/she will make sure that it stays supported. If you like..have your doctor explain this too you. Mine did with some of the pictures on the wall in the office. When I went back for my 6 week check up he said that things looked great and bladder was where it was supposed to be. So try not to worry too much. I am feeling great at 7 weeks. I am so glad that I have everything gone and nothing but a pain free life now. Wishing you all the best. Take care and good luck!!

BIG 's
Unread 10-08-2001, 02:48 AM
10 days to go

Hi oz lady, I had no choice with my cervix , it had to go !!! My gyno performs a procedure where he uses the ligaments which supported the uterus to support the bladder and also the top of the vagina. Not sure what it is called. But it works and I have had no problems So glad you found us . take care and dont forget we are here for you always x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-08-2001, 02:28 PM
10 days to go

Thank you ladies,
Your support makes such a difference.

Like most others, I am going through the full gamut of emotions, and last week mid period cramping and almost in tears, i told my husband to remind of how miserable I felt next time I change my mind about the surgery.

My last period was three weeks long, and this one has already reached 14 days, but at least shows signs of finishing. After 35 years, it feels a bit funny (as well as a huge relief) to know it will be my last!

I am organising a family reunion for the last Sunday in November, (about 5 1/2 weeks post op for me) so at least I will have lots to think about and organise from the couch with the cordless phone while I am recouperating. It will be less than a 2 hour drive away so I am confident I will be ok, otherwise, it will be lots of stops along the way, with my parents and DH in the car fussing over me. I am luck to have my parents and sister living close by, as well as a caring husband who already is pampering me.

Good luck to all the other October ladies,

Oz Lady

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register