help | Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-19-2001, 12:52 PM
help

I am new to your websire and it is just what I needed. I am 35 and have been urged to have a hysterectomy (by the 3rd doctor in 4 years).

My insurance has changed and I can no longer go to my OBGYN that I love and trust. The new doctor is okay, but is not giving me the information that I need. Help!

I have had a long history of endometriosis, miscarraiges, laser surgeries, and now have been diagnosed with Polycysticf ovary syndrome. Doctor says that a historectomy is needed, but may be optional for another year. He does not want to do a H, but says that my problems will go away. However, an early H will create new problems.

Doc doesn't seem very happy about the H saying that sex, life. etc is not the same (good) after the H - so why is he suggesting that I have one??? I am upset and confused. Where do I start - I don't even know what my options are or what a H consists of.....

Do you have any advice for starters?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-20-2001, 06:02 AM
Tough decision

It sure sounds like you are having a rough time. I am still pre-op, so I can't tell you about post-op issues. However, I have seen many posts about sex post-op and they seem to say that it is same or better.

My surgery is a week from tomorrow. I am 37 and can't wait to get it over with. I have had 3 laser surgeries, hormone therapy and finally, Lupron. People have had many different experiences with Lupron, but it was very enlightening for me. (Lupron puts you into chemical menopause.) My quality of life was so much better on Lupron than off that I knew that it was finally time for the hyst.

I also have endo and it appears that many Dr.s do not recommend HRT right away because it can stimulate the endo. Adrite has alot of information about endo and surgery. Try a search on the topics that interest you. This should give you more info.

Good Luck!! Remember that it is your decision.

Cat
Unread 09-21-2001, 11:16 AM
Glad I did it

First, relax and catch your breath. I am so glad I had my TAH.

I needed one for a few years but the doctor I had kept putting it off. I finally find a doc who cared and did the surgery.

I feel and look fantastic!!!! The pain is gone, the monthly hemorraghes are gone. Looking pregnant all the time is no longer a problem. I have lost 25 pounds!!! This is the weight I was years ago.

As for the sex life?!?! I didn't know it could be so satisfying and pain free. I can now look forward to time with my husband, not dread it.

Don't worry, it will all work out. Besides the date is good. (Check my bio.).

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register