I have a confession to make | Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have a confession to make I have a confession to make

Unread 04-23-2012, 01:11 PM
I have a confession to make

I have been wearing the same pair of grey sweatpants everyday for 3 weeks, give or take a few days Nothing else fits! I am sad to say I have gained about 8 lbs since January. Unfortunately I am a stess eater. And it has been really hot here, too. Thank goodness grey goes with everything

I really want to make a Trip to Target since I need to get a few things for my daughter's birthday tomorrow. i have to admit I am nervous going by myself. It's only about 12 miles away, but I haven't gone anywhere outside of my little town in over 3 weeks. I never thought I would be this way... I feel so wimpy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Re: I have a confession to make

I hear you sister! My preferred outfit at home includes the pajama pants I bought for surgery recovery.

Take it easy at Target. And while you're there, get a few more pair of sweat pants. ;-)
Unread 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM

Don't feel wimpy, it is natural to feel worried. You will do ok, just take your time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM

I'm 12 days post op and I've yet to be farther than a few houses down our street and that was only once. I would just like to go to the pharmacy to have my blood pressure checked (I am on bp meds and in the hospital I was way low instead of high so I just want to see where it's at.) but I'm kind of afraid of having a bad gas cramp episode. How amusing to see a 50 yr old woman panting like she's in labor...NOT! I had a bad weekend with lots of pain so I'm kind of scared of getting out. So I don't think you're whimpy at all...and if you are, I'm right there with ya, sister! I'd also say to treat yourself to some new capris or pants or shorts with good elastic in them if you aren't too worn out to try them on first so you know they will fit. (I don't hardly dare buying clothes without trying them on first.)
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:33 PM

I haven't left the house but three times since surgery Once to go to emergency room and twice to go to the doctor. I'm not ready to drive.If I had to slam on my brakes it would be excruciating. I still can't lift my leg to go up one step without feeling it pull. If you don't have to actually drive, and can get someone to take you to target , and it's only 12 miles away,I say go for it. You can use the motorized chair, and don't stay long. Just be prepared it might wear you out, and you may sleep through your daughters party the next day. You can also shop online at target and have it delivered to your house. Won't help you for the birthday, but you can do a whole new fancy wardrobe of new stretchy pants at the click of a button!I have found ( haven't shopped yet, but been looking online) that drug stores even deliver. You can find coupons online for a lot of places and many offer free delivery, guaranteed in 2 or 3 days.. My down time is going to start getting expensive if I actually start shopping online. Just window shopping now! If you have to drive tomorrow and are too afraid to make the 12 mile target trip, stay local and use your imagination for your daughters birthday. I once had to do a child's birthday party shopping at a party store because we were on vacation in the middle of nowhere and it was the only store. I got very creative with presents, decorations,and food. My children actually remember this as one of the coolest birthdays ever.
Unread 04-23-2012, 04:46 PM

I decided to take my daughter on a mini shopping spree later this week instead. I did go to the market and pushed the shopping cart! What a strange feeling...it wasn't painful, but I could feel all of my muscles tightening up. I didn't eat lunch today so now I am starving and exhausted! Going to go lay down with the iPad . Best invention, ever!

Oh, and I have done SO much online shopping since my surgery! I have Amazon Prime where I get free 2 day shipping, so I have been taking advantage! The mailman must think I have won the lottery! LOL
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:21 PM

I had posted earlier that I was a bit scared to go out...well, my husband took me out to Burger King tonight. I was a bit apprehensive, but I did it. Now I'm just hoping what I ate doesn't gas me up to the max. We even stopped at the pharmacy to check my blood pressure...back to my normal.

I like your idea of what you are planning for your daughter. You won't have to be by yourself and I'm sure she will understand if you need to rest for a bit or go home because you are past exhaustion. Have a great time with her!
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:08 PM

Have only been out a handful of times myself since my surgery. To the Doc 5 days after...to the ER 5 days after that. Walked around the supermarket briefly on the day of my release after 8 days back in...but they hit me with Dilaudid before I left so that didn't count... And yesterday I went back to the Doc for a one week check up. After I tagged along with DH food shopping and what a mistake! Got home at 2:30...helped put groceries away and hit the bed...woke up at 6:30! Totally wiped out! Good Luck to you with the Target trip...in theory I would love to go there...but I am just not ready yet.
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:16 PM

I wore track pants to work today. Yesterday I wore appropriate office wear, dress pants and a sweater, but today I just couldn't do it, almost cried at the though.
I feel embarrassed about going to work like that, though. I will have to make sure to do better tomorrow.
Unread 04-24-2012, 06:19 PM

Work...what's that like? I haven't been able to work since right before Christmas....I actually miss it!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register