Scheduled TLH No preop?? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:08 AM
No preop??

Dr mailed me a script for bloodwork ,going to Labcorp ? That's it? No chest ex ray and I guess I will do consent forms ,Right before procedure ?? I guess every dr is different ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2013, 06:15 AM
Re: No preop??

I had a full physical, blood work,EKG , and chest X-ray with no other health concerns ...maybe each insurance company/ drs requirements are different. Good luck with your surgery! Wishing you a speedy recovery
Unread 04-10-2013, 06:24 AM

Thx I see we have same date!! Good luck to you also and a speedy recovery!!!! It's nice to have all of you girls to vent with!!!!cant wait to be on post op page!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2013, 07:31 AM

Hi Amy47,
Yes, all doctors are different but it won't hurt to ring him and ask. Just ring him to confirm you got the blood request form and it will give you the perfect opportunity to ask if you should be 'expecting' any other requests forms and you can then enquire about a chest X-ray. I was told by my doctor to come in and pick up the blood request forms and hospital pre-admission and consent forms a week before my surgery. They were all ready for me when I got there. He didn't request a chest x-ray for me either or ECG which I thought he would have because I have a Heart murmur, so they all have their own way of doing things. Try not to stress, I'm sure if he thought it was necessary, he would have requested it but having said that, you can ask him when you ring him. Good luck Amy47 and take care. Everything is going to be alright and we'll all be right here waiting for you on the other side where your tiara awaits!!! Hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:43 AM

Hi there in Australia !! That's awesome ya never know who you will talk to on here !! I live in Florida but I'm a transplant from jersey city NJ ! Did you ever see jersey shore I have the same accent !!! And your right I should call dr. , I'm pretty much healthy ,except the Gyn issues , that's probably why he didn't order anything else!! Thx for all of the great wishes !!!!!!
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:12 AM

Hi Amy!

My pre-op testing consisted of only bloodwork as well and when I called my Dr and the hospital to inquire why additional tests weren't requested, I was told that medical history and age were the determining factors on what was ordered. So, given that I have no health issues and am not on any meds, bloodwork was only needed. And further, the hospital where I had my procedure said that they only did pre op ekg's on women 50 and over so I was excluded there as well.
Unread 04-10-2013, 08:38 AM

Amy47,
No problems, maate! (written with an aussie accent,) lol. I haven't seen Jersey shore but will look into it! Accents are funny things though because I sometimes watch an American movie and I think I'm hearing what I sound like. But then if it happens to have an Australian in it, I listen to the difference and I think, Oh my God, do we sound like that???? (also to be read with an Australian accent) Still can't stop laughing at one of the 'Scrubs' episodes where they had an Australian intern and they couldn't understand what she was saying and Dr. Cox asked her to 'speak English'. Well, That's all she wrote sweetie. It's 12.34am here in Oz and time for bed. Take care and let us know how you go.
Hugs galore, xoxo.
Unread 04-10-2013, 01:34 PM

My preop involved 5 vials of blood, weight and height, urine test.
No chest xray, no ekg, no pg test.

Best of luck to you sister
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:45 PM

I just found out that I have two pre-ops! I had one scheduled weeks ago with my ob/gyn for tomorrow and just got a call from hospital and have one on Monday with them. I guess they are being thorough! Other than missing more work meetings, I guess I am okay with that.
Best wishes to you!
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM

Thx for all the great info and wishes sisters !!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register