Tvh | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-12-2002, 10:09 PM
Tvh

I am having a TVH on the 24th of july and Im affraid to have my overies removed....but I have cancer cell...I have already had a cone biopsy but it didnt get it all...plus I have endometriosis ...I dont want to have another surgery in 5 or 10 yrs....can anyone tell me what kind of hormon therephy is there? is there just this HRT ? is that the one they just took off the market? please help....very confused and worried!!!
Rebecca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-12-2002, 11:44 PM
Tvh

Dear Rebecca
All your questions regarding HRT can be answered in the 'hormone jungle' on this website. I still have one ovary left, I had endo too. I take natural 'Progesterone' now which is quiet different from 'progestin' which is so harmful in combination with oestrogen. Without ovaries you will go into surgical menapause and you will need some form of estrogen. This is not so great for endo but you could try the natural remedies first, maybe you will be lucky. My ovary went into shock after the surgery and all of my symptoms disappeared when I took phytoestrogens (herbs) Otherwise you could use a low dose estrogen cream. If you use the natural Progesterone as well there is no reason why this should be harmful, as far as I know. A lot of the women here have read Dr Lee's book 'what the doctor did not tell you about menapause'. I highly recommend it, the man has been talking about the dangers of combined HRT for a very long time and he does offer some options.
Good Luck to you, I wish you a safe and transforming healing journey.
Natalie
I am not a doctor, the information herein is my own experience only.
Unread 07-13-2002, 08:36 PM
TVH

Nat , thank you very much...This web site has helped more than anything!!!I was so scared about all this ....I knew NOTHING about it!!! I feel like I can make a much better decision now...My endo isnt THAT bad...Ive already had 2 surgeries for it...if I can get another 10yrs outta my overies Im gonna try!!! thank u for ur help!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2002, 06:09 AM
Tvh

Hi, RebeccaDeane,

Welcome to Hystersisters!! I'm glad that you found us and that you posted.

HRT stands for Hormone Replacement Therapy, and not just one type of hormone. There was a particular study being done, on PremPro. There is a very good summary of the study and the reasons for stopping it here: http://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...719#post427719

I took PremPro for about 3 years while I was going through menopause, but now I'm on Premarin (estrogen) only.

If your ovaries are not healthy and need to be removed, you will want to discuss all your alternatives with your doctor, to find the hormone replacement that is right for you. We all are different, and as Nat said, sometimes it takes time to find the one that will work.

's

Karen
Unread 07-16-2002, 07:02 PM
thanks

Thank you Karen for ur reply....I will check into it.....I really love this site!!! it has helped me so much!
Rebecca

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register