Upcoming hysterectomy 2/27: I'm ready...I think. | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 2/27: I'm ready...I think. Upcoming hysterectomy 2/27: I'm ready...I think.

Unread 02-23-2015, 07:36 PM
Upcoming hysterectomy 2/27: I'm ready...I think.

My surgery is scheduled for Friday. My pre-op is Wednesday. I am getting more and more nervous with each passing day. I know it's something I have to do, but I'll be honest. I am scared! I was snowed in all last week, so I was able to get my house in tip-top shape. I have someone coming to clean for me for the next six weeks. I have my mom and sister-in-law making meals for my first week home and I have childcare taken care of. This is my last week at work for a while, so I'm working late hours and running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done (which of course causes more pain...GRRR). I've ordered Netflix and downloaded several books to read during my recovery time. I plan to pack my overnight bag tomorrow. I'm prepared as best I can be...physically. Now if only I could prepare emotionally/mentally. Sigh!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2015, 07:59 PM
Re: I'm ready...I think.

Hi Tjury15 -

The days leading up to surgery can be very emotionally intense - you are not alone.

It sounds as if you are getting everything in order and lined up, and you have great help from family. That is wonderful!

Keeping busy is the best way to keep your mind off the coming surgery. Also watching favorite DVDs helps too!

You should treat yourself to something special - as long as it does not violate your pre-op instructions. Maybe an or a or a outing with family or friends - whatever is special for you.

Your surgery is almost here..... just a few more days.

Unread 02-23-2015, 08:07 PM
Re: I'm ready...I think.

I was where you are last week. Im 5 day post op now. I was scared to death, and thinking of all the ways I could escape and not have it done.

Now, So glad it is done, and no more stress and nervousness. Your gonna be nervous. Like my doctor said, he would be more worried if you werent nervous. One thing that really helped me, I would meditate and think positive. The surgery is going to go perfectly, you will not have any complications, you'll be in and out of the hospital, feeling so much better.

Your doctor will take care of you and make sure everything is done perfectly. Look over the tips sections on the website here and read the success stories.

Sending positive healing thoughts to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2015, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjury15 View Post
My surgery is scheduled for Friday. My pre-op is Wednesday. I am getting more and more nervous with each passing day. I know it's something I have to do, but I'll be honest. I am scared! I was snowed in all last week, so I was able to get my house in tip-top shape. I have someone coming to clean for me for the next six weeks. I have my mom and sister-in-law making meals for my first week home and I have childcare taken care of. This is my last week at work for a while, so I'm working late hours and running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done (which of course causes more pain...GRRR). I've ordered Netflix and downloaded several books to read during my recovery time. I plan to pack my overnight bag tomorrow. I'm prepared as best I can be...physically. Now if only I could prepare emotionally/mentally. Sigh!
Good luck to you, everything should be fine. I was scared and everything went pretty close to perfect for me. I wish I hadn't wasted all the energy on worry but I guess it's a process. After the surgery someone gave me a grabber tool/ cane and that's been super helpful.
See you on the other side.
Unread 02-23-2015, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjury15 View Post
Just wanted to say, Netflix was the best decision!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register