Nausea/Heart burn/indigestion | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Nausea/Heart burn/indigestion Nausea/Heart burn/indigestion

Unread 12-02-2008, 03:52 PM
Nausea/Heart burn/indigestion

I had my total robotic hysterctomy on 9/18 and I have been experiencing heart burn almost daily and occassionally have strong bouts of nausea. Has anyone else experienced this? Today I had to cancel a golf tournament because of my nausea. Last night I ate some fairly spicy foods and had a couple margharita's? Maybe that is part of the problem, but I didn't have these issues before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-02-2008, 05:04 PM

Hi, Laura. I can't advise, but can share my experiences.

I have GERD and it has improved since surgery. I've only had a couple instances of heartburn and haven't even taken my medication for it. Although, it will probably return full force in time...doubt I'm lucky enough for this to last. It's really odd, I've improved and some that didn't have it before are dealing with it. I hope it doesn't last for you and others...it's no fun.

I had nausea the day I left the hospital and stopped pain medication because of it. I never experienced it again, until last night...felt on the verge of it. It almost felt like I was on an elevator. Thankfully, it didn't last long or get worse. I'm not sure why it happened.
Unread 12-02-2008, 05:16 PM

Thank you for the info, I am hoping this is fleeting, but time will tell. I love the hot and spicy, but certainly not this much :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-03-2008, 12:06 AM

I have had digestive issues including alot of severe nausea. I'm 7 months out from a TAH and it is alot better,but I still have a weak stomach with some occasional nausea. I'm hoping that with time it will all disappear.

lala
Unread 12-03-2008, 06:04 AM

Laura, have a look at all your meds. Iron is notorious for causing nausea, even in the small amount in vitamins. And there are other medications that can cause tummies to rebel. If you are taking anything, make sure that even your vitamins are taken with food. I have switched all my meds to bedtime and I no longer spend the whole day nauseated.
Unread 12-03-2008, 04:59 PM

Thank you. I am pretty good about taking with food. The only thing I really take during the day is my thyroid and estrace.
Unread 12-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Laura1,
I am two weeks post op. I was wondering if you were having some of the same symptoms that I have been having. I feel like something is under my rt. lower rib cage. I can't palpate anything but it feels almost like someone has their fist underneath my rib cage. I have to lean back to relieve it. Are you experiencing this. I was wondering if it was gas. It's been there for days but feeling more pressure today.
Unread 12-03-2008, 06:03 PM

Have you been taking very much ibuprofen or naproxen since your surgery? Those two are notorious for causing problems, especially when they are taken over a period of time. It would be best to talk to your doctor--you may need a short course of a medication that helps your stomach to heal. Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register