LSH and BSO | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
LSH and BSO

Hi,
Has anyone here had a laproscopic supracervical hyster? I'm scheduled on 12/3 and have heard very little about it. The info I found on the internet sounds positive, but still.....

Also a bit concerned about the removal of my ovaries, I'm 38.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 02:38 PM
LSH and BSO

i had an lsh but kept my ovaries. i have had no problems at all. the recovery was very easy. the first two days were quite painful from the gas but i stayed in the hospital on morphine. after that, i was up and about with no problems.
why are you having your ovaries removed?
Unread 10-25-2007, 03:11 PM
LSH and BSO

I was supposed to stay one night in the hospital. But because of how well I was doing in the evening when the doctor came in, he told the nurses to take the catheter out and as long as my blood work came back okay, I could go to the bathroom on my own and I could walk a loop of the hallway, he was going to release me as late as 9 PM that night. And that is what happened. I had NO pain post op. I was given the okay for anything I felt comfotable with at 10 days post op. I still took it slow for a few weeks. My husband took a week off at work to help me. But he honestly could have gone back after a day or two.

Because of hot flashes and night sweats I had insomnia for seven months until the doctor put me on Premarin. And then that helped. I was on Ambien for the insomnia and that helped too. I found that I pull muscles in my back more than before the surgery. And I also had a short time of joint pain. Other than that, I haven't had too bad of a time related to the hysterectomy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-25-2007, 03:33 PM
LSH and BSO

I am also scheduled for a LSH and BSO. I will have my surgery on November 6. I didnt know alot about it until I joined this group and searched through the articles and message board. I wish you luck with yours and hope you feel better soon
Unread 10-25-2007, 04:37 PM
LSH and BSO

Hi Gariel,

I also had a LSH ( kept my ovaries). My LSH is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term gyneo health.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 10-25-2007, 04:56 PM
LSH and BSO

I am suppose to have a LSH on December 3rd to!!
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:00 PM
LSH and BSO

I am scheduled to have an LSH and remove my remaining ovary. I only have my left ovary due to borderline ovarian cancer, so they are taking the other to reduce any risk of anything coming back. I have my pre-op on Nov. 5th and hope to learn a little more of what to expect with LSH. I am also in lots of pain and hang out with my friend Vicodin when needed. I can't wait to get back to normal.
Hang in there and take a step at a time!!
Unread 10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
LSH and BSO

I had a LSH in Aug...I am 9 wks post op and other than a little twinge here and there, there was very minimal pain...most of that was till I found out the right way to get in and out of bed the first few days or so...but nothing unbearable..I awoke in no pain and was moving around fairly quickly
Unread 10-25-2007, 10:23 PM
LSH and BSO

I'm also scheduled for a LSH/BSO (Nov. 12th), and I am so thankful that I have that option over the more traditional types. It makes being 4 hours from home for the surgery that much easier. Praying that it also makes the recovery much easier, and the healing (which I don't do well) faster.

I'm 34, so I understand being unsure about losing your ovaries. I would have liked to have the option to keep mine, but endometriosis has compromised them to the point it isn't possible. Hopefully I won't have too many problems with menopause, but if I have need of hormones, I'm going to try the natural herb route first.

I'll be thinking of you, Gariel. I hope that you can find the information to help answer your questions, and help calm the nervousness. Hang in there!

Amy
Unread 10-26-2007, 07:07 AM
LSH and BSO

Just a little reminder, I don't think it matters as to which type of surgery you have as far as a faster recovery...most of the healing has to take place inside for any of the types of surgery...this is the "unseen territory" as I like to think of it, that we have to keep forefront in our minds, as though we may feel physically better faster, we still need to be extremely cautious and limited in our activities at least until your 6 week checkup...I have read on here where docs have released women back to "normal" activities within 3 weeks and some not until after 8wks.....I had the LSH 9 weeks ago and still find that I am limited to how much or far I can walk without getting sore...I still listen to my body.....everyone is different, but the common factor is that we all need to realize that it takes time to heal and we must be patient and stay within our limits.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register