i feel like a deer caught in the headlights of a on coming car! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

i feel like a deer caught in the headlights of a on coming car! i feel like a deer caught in the headlights of a on coming car!

Unread 01-22-2011, 05:33 AM
Re: i feel like a deer caught in the headlights of a on coming car!

Thanks sisters, I don't feel so alone. Good luck on your surgeries on monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-22-2011, 05:35 AM

Pitabread, Thank you it is nice to know I am not loosing my mind, I go from optomistic to thinkning I will s urely die on the table and must say goodbye to my grandkids. It is crazy emotions. Did you have TAH? How much pain how long diod you stay in the hospital. Since mine may involve cancer it poses a double whammy!
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:49 AM

hiya
all i can add is to try and relax, i was exactly the same and went into theatre crying my eyes out they had to give me something to calm me down just to give me the anaesthetic!!! i was a mess.
I have ME/CFS so i normally comeout of things much worse than i went in. I thought i wasnt going to wake up, i honestly thought i had to write my hubby and kids a letter to say i loved them etc.
and then i woke up!..... yeah i was sore but it was actually ok. id had a TVH, anterior repair and a labia reduction. it was massive. but its gone so fast and cant believe its been 15 days now!!!
considering i was a mess before its gone so quickly and actually feel better because of it.
It is hard. try to stay busy. focus on something else. if you can. My husband said i cant die during the op so not to write letters that way i would be able to tell everyone i loved them when i woke up! plus the anaesthetist said its far too much paper work! (on a lighter note!)

That made me feel better. the staff have hundreds of women coming through and to them its routine we all go home fine, but to us its major! but i promise you will be fine.
youll see ...........and youll be telling people the same thing next week or the week after!!!
big hugs
Unread 01-22-2011, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester4 View Post
Pitabread, Thank you it is nice to know I am not loosing my mind, I go from optomistic to thinkning I will s urely die on the table and must say goodbye to my grandkids. It is crazy emotions. Did you have TAH? How much pain how long diod you stay in the hospital. Since mine may involve cancer it poses a double whammy!
oh no.. your not loosing your mind. i about flipped when the hosp staff asked me if I had a living will.. well in my head i flipped. I thought omg do i need to go home and write letters to allmy family and friends etc.. so no its natural to feel how your feeling. dont be so hard on yourself seriously your going thru alot of emotions, thoughts thats why this website is amazing i find it to be a great comfort!

yes I did have TAH they removed a baseball fibroid out of me plus 40 other fibroids. ==( i get my reports back next thurs at my 2 week. so far no cancer but we will see. I stayed in the hospital from wed- sat morning. the staff was amazing. be honest w/the nurses and doctors with how your feeling.
your going to be in my thoughts and prayers as you are also facing Cancer. it is eaiser said than done but You can do this !
Unread 01-22-2011, 09:52 AM

pitabread..I freaked too when they asked about my living will. I actually have one but refused to give it to them! I figured if something happened I'd make my husband go and get it so if nothing else he'd have to think about it before a decision was made.. Of course that was just my over active imagination. The hospital staff was so supportive and nice. I can't say enough about how well they handled me. I had admitted at my pre-op that I was really really nervous about the surgery and they made a big note..so no surprise to those that treated me. Glad it is over...not as bad as I imagined. My husband stayed with me (except when it was time for me to sleep at nite). He has been so patient and kind through this whole thing. Love that man!
Unread 01-22-2011, 10:09 AM

I too felt freaky when they asked me about a will. I'm supposed to pick up the 5 wishes and fill it out and bring it to the castle, they are going to keep it on file. I'm a little calmer today. I was going to do some housework but I realy don't feel like doing much of anything may even take a nap today.
Unread 01-22-2011, 10:58 AM

Totally do what you feel like...take care of yourself!
Unread 01-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Thanks to you all so much I really did think it was only me who got so crazy. I too thought of letters to the grandkids and made my best friend promise to step in for me and gave my husband a card to thank him for his support. I just came from the chapel said a prayer and told god that I have now entrusted myself to him. God 's will never wiill take you where his Grace won't protect you. This is something I recently heard but has been helpful to me. I am sorry for anyone who has gone through this agony but I am so grateful for you all!! My sister is coming tomorrow for an overnight and will come with us to the hospital on Monday. I will keep in touch till then.
Unread 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM

I'm glad your sister is coming. It is so helpful to have a good support system.
Unread 01-22-2011, 04:40 PM

Went to luch with my sisters and aunt then to visit my bst friend in the hospital. This made me very anxious Then my uncle took us to dinner tonight. The closer this gets the more ativan I need I feel like I am in a bad dream and can't wake up. Stopped at the chapel to say a prayer. Thank you to all The Sisters for their thoughts and prayers

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register