Changes in eyesight?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Changes in eyesight?? Changes in eyesight??

Unread 04-09-2005, 01:22 PM
Changes in eyesight??

This is so funny! I went to the Eye Doc a couple weeks ago. My prescription hasn't changed but she's noticing that I may start needing help for reading. She told me she had her hysterectomy at 42 and 3 months after she was wearing bi-focals. She said if I notice a change they can tweak my prescription a bit to help. And I've noticed it alot lately trying to read print it's blurry at times and seeing floaters and stuff more. Good Luck to all of you! :eyes:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Changes in eyesight??

I was at the eye DR on Friday and mentioned that I had a hysterectomy and am on Premarin .3 She didn't mention anything about expecting any changes. I expected her to have some advice . I go to see her every few months due to having shingles in my eye 3 years ago.
Unread 04-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Changes in eyesight??

Thanks so much for this post. Since surgery, I've been getting headaches if I don't wear my glasses for just about everything, but before I only needed them now and again. This is one side effect I'd never expected.

Thank the Lord for this site!

Livingdoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Changes in eyesight??

Well, I "see" that I'm not the only one!!! I came here just now to see if there were any others. I have bad eyesight to begin with and wear contacts, but ever since my surgery (TVH with both ovaries removed) I haven't been able to wear them as long or often. I read on my Climara sheet that it can affect vision and I called my Optomitrist and he said that I needed to wait a few weeks before I come in to let everything calm down. Well yippee, my glasses script is already for bifocals (another reason I like contacts LOL!) I'm only 40 and the greys are creeping in too. Oh well, shows character eh? No biggy ladies, we'll just tack these on our "wall of achievement" along with the others.

We have a wholesale club called Sams and they have a package of 5 or 6 pairs of reading glasses to put in various locations for us who can't ever find them!

Best wishes!
Unread 04-15-2005, 11:09 AM
Changes in eyesight??

yep,me too,eye sight gone to pot.
Unread 04-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Me too

I have to wear glasses for far and near sight. I usually always wear contacts. I had just got new glasses a month before my surgery, I like these and don't mind wearing them. I hated my old glasses and wouldn't leave the house with out contacts. I have been wearing contacts for about 15 years almost constatly. My sight has changed too. Eye Dr has me fitted for mono vision so one eye contact is for near and the other contact is for far. It works ok. Not the best for either, but its ok. Then about 6 weeks post op I was in a big national home improvment center and had about 10 plastic buckets fall off a high up shelf and give me a black eye and a headache for days:eyes: 10 plastic buckets hitting you on the side of your face sure can knock you silly.I guess since we are hyster sisters this eye thing comes with the territory
Unread 04-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Changes in eyesight??

I have a history of Glaucoma in my family, and I went to the doctor yesterday and he started me on drops to lower my pressure in my eyes, I new I was going to have this problem sometime in my life but not so soon, I wonder if it has to do with my H It only has been 7 wks since I had surgery, the doctor says is better to prevent the high pressure now than later, so I have to take this drops for the rest of my life now once a day at bedtime.
I tell you, it looks like there are a lot of problems with H they say you can get heart problems also bone problems... What else? I had to have my H because of cancer issues but I wonder about some women that did not have to have it and had it, and is it worth it for the person that was not in a life and death condition. Just wondering...
Unread 04-15-2005, 01:33 PM
Changes in eyesight??

Is it worth it? Well I'm not qualified to say so after only just having it done 6 weeks ago, but I had to make that decision. My reasoning for having a radical when my only problems were a constant pain in my left ovary, constant cramping and alot of bleeding (a huge cysts and several smaller cysts and polyps were found) was this: 1. my tubes were already tied (no chances in child birth after 15 years of having them tied) 2. If I only had the one ovary removed how long would it before I would have to have the other one removed or my uterus? 3. having said that the more times you are put under anesthesia the harder it is on your body 4. my family is prone to ovarian and uteran cancer so why put myself in jeopardy and not catch it in time? 5. I have always had horrible PMS and migraines. These things I know, the other what ifs are just that and only occur in a small majority of people so I took the gamble. I'm young (40) and am looking forward to having grandchildren and I want to do what I can to make myself as healthy as possible and that includes my mental health as well. So after six weeks is it worth it? YES, I don't have the pain associated with PMS, cysts, or migraines. Plus, my mental outlook is so much better. So if things continue this way for a while and if some side affect from having the surgery occurs later on, then so be it; at least I've had some quality of life in the mean time and so has my family.

Best wishes!
Unread 04-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Changes in eyesight??

All this time I thought my eyes were messed up do to all of the medication I've been on. I thought it would get better with time. Then I went to my eye doctor last week and my eyes have really changed since the surgery.

For years I had trouble only seeing off ramp signs. I didn't have any other sight problems. Now I have to get bi-focals! While I've been off work, I noticed that has been difficult for me to read off the TV. I've got a 32" TV 6-1/2 feet from my face, and I still have problems reading the listing. I can't read small print. Books are okay (as long as the print isn't tiny), so I shouldn't have to wear my glasses for that thank goodness.

I'm really glad you asked this question. When I was told I needed bi-focals I thought, "Okay, I'm officially old!" Now I know it's not just age and I'm not alone. To be honest, between needing stronger glasses or being in constant agony due to female problems, I'll happily wear thick glasses.
Unread 04-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Changes in eyesight??

so it's a bunch of us having this problem. I thought my eyes re just tired of reading more & watching lots of movies hence the itching but allas... the right eye itches more & swells and the sight is poorer. I will have to check on the Dr next week.

All the best to u ALL!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register