Does anyone feel contractions - Page 7 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone feel contractions Does anyone feel contractions

Unread 06-01-2007, 07:26 AM
Does anyone feel contractions

Danielle....................wow 34 pounds, thats alot, make sure you stay a healthy weight.

When I was pregnant with last DS the Dr. saw on ultra sound that I had a (one) fibroid and said she would keep an eye on it. Must not have been to important they never brought it up again.(DS is 6 now) After I started having all the really bad pain, and going to the ER, I switched to a gyn for all the "female" problems. They saw on ultrasound in the ER that I had "alot" of fibroids, all small they said, 1cm on one....................now its over 3cm last time I knew, that was 1 year ago, no new measurements lately that they have informed me of.

Hope this helps, they were still vague on exactly how many and where, the gyn said she new I had fibroids just by feeling them during a physical exam................again she didn't go any further with any other info. besides that..................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 07:30 AM

My fibroids started out small and I went along without too many problems for a few years myself. As time went on they got worse/bigger and now I cannot wait to get rid of them!!
One is sitting on top of my uterus on a 2 inch stalk--just the thought of it being there makes me ill!
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by df323
Endo can't be positively diagnosed w/out surgery. It can be suspected but a lap is the only way to be 100% sure and I was under the impression that adeno was the same way, no 100% diagnosis w/out path report.

My question is, I have that solid belly pooch too, I'm only 116 pounds but that's the one thing that hasn't gotten smaller (lost 34 pounds for no known reason.. not that I'm upset about it but haven't been this size sine high school) Anyway, how would they detect fibroids and would the dr bother going through that already knowing I have endo for sure?

My fibroids were detected through two ultrasounds. One was a transvaginal ultrasound. I had to drink 32oz of water but I couldn't even drink half that much. The drs. saw a mass so I was referred to a gyn surgeon. The surgeon was going to do a biopsy, but instead sent me for a transvaginal Sonohysterogram. It's a better form of ultrasound where your cervix is dialated and they can see everything. I don't believe they can see endo though. They saw the fibroid.

I wish my drs. had done a lap day surgery to see if I had endometriosis. Instead, all they thought they were dealing with was a large fibroid. Well, when it came to having my surgery, the endo took them totally by surprise. Instead of the 2 hour surgery it was supposed to be, I ended up in the OR for almost 6 hours.

I'm not as familiar with endometriosis as I am with fibroids because I never knew I had endo. But I think with endo, they do surgery based on the amount of pain a person has, or adhesions. I'm sure someone else on this board knows a lot more about it than I do. The fibroid I had was causing severe bleeding to the point where I was severely anemic. That is why I had the surgery. None of the drs. thought of checking for anything else.

When my sister had really bad pain years ago, they did Lap surgery on her and found out she had endo. Then they did a complete hysterectomy. With me they did none of that except an ultrasound. Had they known I also had endo. the drs. could have been better prepared. Instead they got a big surprise they weren't prepared for. Still, they did a good job. I have no complaints.

I still have the belly pouch. But I think it's because I have extra weight that I need to get rid of. Whether it will go away on it's own or not, I don't know. But it's been 5 weeks now and it's still there. My sister ended up having some kind of operation like a tummy tuck to get the excess weight near the incision off. I'll probably have it forever.

Robin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2007, 08:38 AM

Robin, I also had my gallbladder taken out, its been about 12 yrs ago but I can relate to the pain.........I'll never eat a chicken burrito again from Taco Bell To this day I still can't eat one, I never new the true meaning of projectile vomiting.......................yuck!

My periods started at age 13 also, bad from the word go, all the same as you. Bad thing is now my DD age 17 is having really bad pain every month too, also she had severe pain in abdominal area so I took her to gyn and she said it looked as though she had a fluid filled cyct that ruptured.............................she is so young I pray she dosen't follow the same road as us

Thank you for all the support and your story also it gives me some hope to an end.
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:45 AM

Vickerella............that would make feel a bit uneasy also
Unread 06-01-2007, 08:48 AM
Made it through!!!!

The anticipation is finally over and I am home recovering. It was a lot easier than I expected. I was up walking that night and was ready to come home the next day but the doctor said no. I hope everyone's goes as smooth and even smoother than mine did. I was home in 2 days. Still very sore. The swelly belly band is a god send. Just remember to wrap it in saran wrap at first to keep your incision dry. My surgeon was impressed with it and asked for this site to share with his patients. Thank you, sisters for all your support.
Hugs,
Kim
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:30 AM

So happy to hear you are doing so well, Kim.
I have had ultrasounds and an MRI to see if I was a good candidate for UFE. The doc doesnt think I have endo but as far as I can see nothing has ruled it out. She told me that she would do my hysterectomy vaginally but to be prepared to be cut, just in case. So I am
going into it praying for the best but mentally prepared for the other.
Unread 06-01-2007, 09:57 AM

before my hysterectomy I considered the UFE but with the locations of the fibroids my gyn said they could end up embolizing the wrong artery and cause major infections. I didnt go with this because I have Fibromyaligia and always in pain all the time and DID NOT want to have unknown particles dyieng off inside of me. I ended up having a TAH KEPT OVARIES AND CERVIX. The aftereffects was dont that bad, except for the gas. Overall, I think I made the right decision. This is not an eas thing I know I went 4years without doing anything. Good LUCK!!!
Unread 06-01-2007, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UofMfan
Robin, I also had my gallbladder taken out, its been about 12 yrs ago but I can relate to the pain.........I'll never eat a chicken burrito again from Taco Bell To this day I still can't eat one, I never new the true meaning of projectile vomiting.......................yuck!

My periods started at age 13 also, bad from the word go, all the same as you. Bad thing is now my DD age 17 is having really bad pain every month too, also she had severe pain in abdominal area so I took her to gyn and she said it looked as though she had a fluid filled cyct that ruptured.............................she is so young I pray she dosen't follow the same road as us

Thank you for all the support and your story also it gives me some hope to an end.

UofFMan,

There are a lot of foods that I won't touch with a ten foot pole anymore. I asked the dr. what kind of diet I should be on. I really wasn't given an answer, except common sense things like don't eat fried or greasy stuff, which I knew not to eat. I used to like to eat hot spicy stuff like what Taco Bell has. Well, not any more. I'm not even going to attempt it. The drs. took my gallbladder out using the Lap method. Less scarring that way. But the scar from my hyst is all the way across my stomach from one side to the other. I can take pain, but that gallbladder pain was the worst. I was climbing the walls in the ER waiting for a dr. I'm so happy all that is over with. My aunt had her gallbladder taken out years ago also. She told me the pain was horrid. I feel stupid now because I thought no pain could be that awful. Well, I was totally wrong.

I'm sorry to hear that your daughter is having problems. She is so young. She shouldn't have to deal with all this stuff. I'll keep her in my prayers that things get better for her. Medicine has come a long way from when I was 18. Hopefully there will be treatments that can take care of her pain but not lead to any type of surgery. My niece is 19 and when she was 17 she, too, had a cyst like your daughter had. The drs. were going to remove it, but then it resolved on it's own. It seems there is so much research into men's problems. There should be much more research into women's problems. Let me know how your daughter is doing.

Robin
Unread 06-01-2007, 04:39 PM

Kim
Its great to know it went so good.......do you know what they found yet? Keep us posted and take good care of yourself!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register