Bladder and Kidney Pain - six week post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bladder and Kidney Pain - six week post op Bladder and Kidney Pain - six week post op

Unread 10-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Bladder and Kidney Pain - six week post op

So I had my six week check up... not very satisfiying since when he did my exam I went through the roof in pain from my bladder and urethra. Apparetnly I won't be having sex any time soon? Grr... I have been having considerable pain with the bladder. I went to the ER three weeks post op and they said it wasn't a bladder infection but when I went to the doctor they thought it was. It did culture but the antibiotics didn't help and I'm still having bladder pain and now my kidneys are aching. I spent tuesday night awake all night long because the pain was so bad and i refuse to go back on narcs.! When he reached in to check the uretur it hurt so freakin' bad! OUCH... So I have an apt. with a urologist but its not for a month. I don't know if my kidneys should wait this long?? BUT I don't know what to do about it... any suggestions? maybe the pain in the uretur is going to 'go away'? (or is this wishful thinking?)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-31-2009, 10:39 PM
Re: Bladder and Kidney Pain - six week post op

Hi (((Omaklackey)))

That sounds extremely uncomfortable. I think it would be a good idea to get back in touch with your doctor. If it is a kidney infection that you are dealing with, you certainly won't want to wait weeks to be treated for it. Hope you get to an answer very soon!

Unread 11-01-2009, 03:02 PM

i would think that it should be checked on sooner then that but its the only apt. the urologist up here had. Otherwise its another trip... I just don't know if maybe I should try and get in with the ARNP or doctor at our clinic and get some preliminary test before I head in to the Urologist.? just trying to find my way in the wonderful world of doctors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-01-2009, 03:11 PM

Hi Omaklackey,

I had symptoms very similar to yours when I went in for a 5 week post-op check up. I did have a UTI three days after surgery and there was some issue with my catheter in the hospital. At 5 weeks, I recall feeling really worried that something was seriously wrong with my bladder and kidneys. I remember going to the bathroom constantly and only a small amount at a time. My doc said that internal stitches can really aggravate the bladder and that might be it. But now, at almost 9 weeks out, these symptoms are much improved. I wouldn't go so far as to say that what you're experiencing is "normal" as that is something your doctor probably needs to determine (I'm sorry you have to wait so long for your appointment!). But, I can tell you there is hope and what you are experiencing isn't necessarily "abnormal." Hope that helps at least a little bit.

Wen
Unread 11-01-2009, 03:46 PM

(((Omaklackey)))
If you're continuing to have kidney pain with the bladder pain I think you should call someone you can get in to see as soon as possible. You need to rule out a UTI before a month's time. I'm so sorry you're in this pain. I know there can be different things that cause bladder pain after surgery, but I wouldn't call this 'normal'.

I hope you can get someone's attention soon. Let us know what you find out.
:hugs5: Rita
Unread 11-01-2009, 04:39 PM

sorry, The UTI was already ruled out. One lab said I had one, the other lab didn't. They said take the antibiotics so I did. Its very confusing! It had felt similiar to a UTI so I was hoping it was! Something simple would be nice. I also keep hoping it will 'resolve? Wishful thinking maybe?
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:15 AM

hi, sorry to hear your still having pain. I had similar pain my Urologist felt it was Bladder spasms and gave me a medicaion called Ditropan for spasm. My GYN felt is was rectal spasm causing then pain. Put me on anti-inflammatory for 2 weeks. Test negative for UTI. I am now 8 weeks post-op still having pain. Sure hope you feel better soon. I also use heating pad with some help.
Unread 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM

I agree about keeping the urologist appointment but getting into anyone else you can with an md behind their name before then.
Unread 11-02-2009, 11:03 AM

I wonder what is up with that? I have burning, pressure and it hurts when I pee; I had my Dr test for an infection when I went in for my 2 wk post-op and it was all clear! I'm guessing my bladder is just not happy about being man-handled just don't know how long that anger is going to last...
Unread 11-02-2009, 09:22 PM

It's still pretty early.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register