castle tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

castle tomorrow castle tomorrow

Unread 11-26-2001, 03:53 PM
castle tomorrow

My bags are packed and I'm all ready, a little nervous this morning and yesterday. Then my insurance company called me and just left a message to call them. I called back and can't talk to a live person. I've called four times and left messages with cell phone, work and home numbers. Haven't heard anything back yet and it's almost 4 in the afternoon. The last message I left told them that I was having surgery tomorrow (assuming it's about something else) and that if they needed to talk to me they had better call today. I decided I'm not going to worry about it. I talked to someone last week and they said the hyst.was approved so I can't imagine that there could be a problem. I will be REALLY upset tomorrow if I get to the hospital and they tell me something different. Thanks for the venting time again....
Good luck to all my Nov.27 sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 03:57 PM
castle tomorrow

SVsister,

Good luck to you on your big day!

Wishing you an uneventful surgery and a speedy, easy recovery!

Take care...
Unread 11-26-2001, 05:36 PM
Me Too!

I'm scheduled for tomorrow afternoon and am packing up now. I am not taking any more phone calls so I can mentally prepare.
Good luck to you, I'll see you on the other side!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-26-2001, 05:56 PM
castle tomorrow

Svsister, the approach you are taking to the insurance company is very good. I'm proud of you for deciding not to worry about it. That wasn't very nice of them to call you like that the day before your surgery!!! YIKES! What are they thinking? You certainly have enough on your mind without that to deal with!

I'm happy for both of you, Sv and Chatty Kathy, (love your name by the way..when I was growing up there was a doll called Chatty Patty, I believe) Your 'e going to do great tommorrow! Let us know your stories when you feel like sitting at the puter!!!

s Sherry
Unread 11-26-2001, 06:02 PM
Thinking of you tomorrow

What's up with the insurance company? I was scheduled for surgery in September and the insurance company called to say I was denied the day before my surgery. Boy was I upset. They said I had no evidence of current disease - I had a borderline 11 years ago and now that I am done having children two docs including an oncologist recommend surgery. So I had to appeal and I am happy to say that I won and I am scheduled for 11/28!! Hard to believe something like that can make you happy. Good luck tomorrow - we will all be thinking about you. PS And don't worry about the insurance thing.
Unread 11-26-2001, 06:15 PM
castle tomorrow

That's the right attitude. I'm wishing you the best for an smooth surgery and a fine recovery.

Gardengirl
Nov. 6th TAH-BSO
Unread 11-27-2001, 05:41 PM
castle tomorrow

Hi everyone-
thanks for all your support and well wishes. I can't believe the day has finally come - my surgery is less than 12 hours away. I will be so glad to get it over with and come home!! I will check back with all of you once I am able. Hey quick question - for all of you princess' that had TAH - what kind of anesthesia did you have? My doc is suggesting an epidural with some other drug to kind of keep me sleeping on my own with out using general. Has anyone else had this? Part of me just wants to be knocked out, but the doc says I will recover quicker with the general. Let me know if you can. And thanks for all your support - you are all awesome to have around. Thanks again JoAnn
Unread 11-27-2001, 05:50 PM
castle tomorrow

Dear Sisters...

Good Luck to JoAnn and Chatty Kathy tomorrow! I'm sending you both lots of positive thoughts and wish you both speedy recoveries!

Lori

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register