This isn't supposed to even be funny | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

This isn't supposed to even be funny This isn't supposed to even be funny

Unread 05-22-2012, 06:54 AM
This isn't supposed to even be funny

As I struggle with my own emotions, I didn't realize just how much this has an impact on the entire family. PMS isn't the word for what I deal with on top of the constant pain, pressure, and crap feelings in general. I'm bleeding all but a few days of any month, yet when it is "that" time it really isn't hard to tell when Aunt Flo has come in with lips painted and ready to lay the law down on me. For the past few nights I'm waking up sweating like I live in a furnace and my belly feels like it has become a human dart board to say the least. In the spirit of not being mean, I keep my mouth shut more than I speak, yet the "looks" I get really are not impressing my family. I don't like to complain to them, knowing life is still happening and I have to find a way to be a part of it all. So, yesterday I couldn't help but crack up laughing. Just when I think I've got the lid on matters tight, I find out that everyone does understand where I'm coming from even if they don't understand the true extent of crazy I'm becoming from it all. LOL My DIL hit the roof, she walked in and took one look at me and climbed the wall like a wild cat for a few minutes. She says...why aren't they giving you medicine to stop your bleeding, why aren't they making you feel good, why aren't they stopping all of this? I told her if it were that simple, I wouldn't need the surgery. Then she says...ok, and if that is the case, why did they schedule your surgery way out in July? Give me your doctors number cause I'm going to get this straight today. LMAO I had to explain that there is such a thing as prior approval with the insurance company. So on the tail end of that, I wake up in the middle of the night pouring sweat, and proceed to strip down like a Friday night stripper depending on the dollar g string tucks. So my husband says....That's it, give me your doctors number, I want to know what they're thinking waiting so long. LMAOOOOO So my five yr old adopted daughter walks in this morning sleepy eyed and says uh oh, you haven't put your doctors number on the freefrigerator yet.... They all have had me dearly laughing. I am not giving up the doctors number, I refuse to let their anxiety get me shuffled to another doctor. LOL I just keep explaining it is all part of a process, a six week wait for surgery is so small in the grand scheme of everything. To be honest with my sisters here though, I have began to wonder if anyone has ever literally hired a stranger to take them and sit at the hospital on surgery day. LMAO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2012, 07:55 AM
Re: This isn't supposed to even be funny

Shanika the pain, waiting, etc that you are going through are not funny.....BUT...your post gave me the BIGGEST smile this morning and I really needed some humor to start my day. Thank you so much for writing and I hope everything goes fantastic with your surgery!

p.s I hope you don't have to hire that "stranger" on castle day. lol
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:55 AM

With that kind of great support at home your recovery should be terrific!!They all love you very much!
:cathugs:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-22-2012, 11:17 AM

Your family sounds great! Reminds me of when I had my second surgery and my friends turned up with a bottle of champagne (which I obviously couldn't touch, what with the IV in my arm and all that...) to celebrate the fact that "the doctors hadn't killed me"!! Still laughing - the nurses weren't too impressed though!

Keep smiling and good luck in July!
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:10 AM

Thanks for the replies everyone! Not feeling so great today and gonna head back to bed, but want to thank everyone for their kind support. Yes, this family is everything I could have asked for and more. On a bright note, I checked with the insurance company and they have been immediate in paying for all of my doctor care so far. I'm ending up paying only a little over a hundred out of more than a couple thousand in care so far. The only thing left is prior approval for the surgery and I'm trusting that will go as smooth.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register