having hysterectomy next week!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

having hysterectomy next week!! having hysterectomy next week!!

Unread 01-08-2003, 06:10 AM
having hysterectomy next week!!

Thank you for the reassuring words! I'm going to need them. You said you were back at home again - which type of hyst did you have - if you don't mind me asking. Also, as long as they don't take my ovaries (hoping and praying they don't have too) - I shouldn't go through mood swings or anything like that - right?? Hope your feeling better!! - Pam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-08-2003, 12:19 PM

Pam - I had all removed through a horizontal incision - ovaries, tubes, endo, the "mass", fibroids, uterus and cervix. My doc wanted to try to save 1 ovary stating it would be more gentle on my body. I thought bout the last 3 years and all of the pain, the 3 doc's I suffered through before finding this one, and I decided for myself that I didn't want anything left. Post surgically, my doc told me that because of the way the procedure went for me, that was really the best option. HRT - it really is a jungle. I have had the hot flashes since Aug. when I had to start lupron. So I felt like I'd already spent 5 months w/o estrogen why add any now. If the ovaries do need to be removed, you have so many options for your well being. First, let yourself heal - it really does take time. Second, research for your self the problem areas you have, if any, and talk with your doc about what you feel you need to be confortable. This site has an enormous amount of info. The ultimate outcome of your surgery should be a healthier and happier you. If your doc won't work with you, get another. I learned this the hard way - my first doc told me and DH that my pain was psychosomatic and sent me to a shrink.The second doc told me I had kidney problems and nearly bankrupted me testing and prodding only to tell me my kidneys were ok. The third doc told me my pain was consistent with needing to lose 30 lbs. When I found my current doc, I was out of less invasive options and this surgery was the only thing left. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Pam
Unread 01-08-2003, 12:45 PM

Pam,

Welcome to Hystersisters! You will probably find out more about all types of hysts on this site than you ever thought possible!

If you haven't done so already, go to the Home Page of this site & you will fine "Hystersister Hints & Helps..." in the upper right hand corner. You will find a great deal of info there regarding what to expect, how to prepare, other sisters' stories, etc. It will keep you busy for a while.

Don't feel bad about not knowing about a hyst - even though you are 30. I am 49 and I didn't know much of anything either!! But, you will find the answer to almost every question you have here on this site.

As you have new questions, post a "New Topic" and it will get a greater number of responses.

Best wishes to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register