Adhesions/scar tissue? (updated) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Adhesions/scar tissue? (updated) Adhesions/scar tissue? (updated)

Unread 07-07-2015, 07:53 PM
Adhesions/scar tissue? (updated)

It's been almost a year exactly since my LAVH-everything removed except my right ovary. I've been having incredible pelvic pain for a couple of weeks & it's just getting worse. I've had a urinalysis, urine culture, blood work, internal & external ultrasounds & a CT. All of which came back "normal".

Tomorrow morning I have a pre-op apt with my obgyn for a laporoscopy. I'm scared to death to go back under, as last time I developed a hematoma & almost lost my life. Has anyone else had to have scar tissue removed & had problems with adhesions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2015, 02:25 PM
Re: Adhesions/scar tissue?

Did you see the thread Diagnostic Laparoscopy here in the Road Less Travelled? One of our sisters just had the surgery for adhesions and just woke up. You can ask her?
Unread 07-09-2015, 02:29 PM

I posted this too soon as I was keen for you to read the other thread as it might take your fear away. Just to say: I am sorry you're in pain and I understand you're scared after your previous experience. Hope you will heal soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2015, 02:35 PM

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It must be scary to have to go through this. I had a lot of problems after my surgery also and I ended up going to a pain clinic for help. I hope you get some relief from the pain you are having. I hope this works out for you. Whenever you have problems, it is very hard to get relief. I know this from my own experience.
Unread 07-22-2015, 01:32 AM
Had my diagnostic lap today..

Had my diagnostic laparoscopy today & it turned into a right oopherectomy. So now I have nothing. I'm 41 & being thrown into surgical menopause.

Doc sent me home with 5mg oxycodone. 1/6hours or 2 if really needed. Well, this isn't doing anything for me. I took 2 & overlapped a third at 4 hours looking for relief. Is this an ultra low dose? I can't sleep & need to, badly. Do I call asking for something stronger? I don't like taking these things, but I can't manage this on my own.
Unread 07-22-2015, 12:22 PM
Re: Adhesions/scar tissue? (updated)

I am not a doctor (obviously) but I wouldn't call it an ultra low dose in my experience. If your meds aren't making a dent in the pain, I would call the doc. Out of control pain is no good.

Godd luck and I hope you are feeling better today!
Unread 07-22-2015, 12:23 PM

I would call your doctor and tell them it doesn't seem to be working. You either need something in between to help with the pain or something else to help with the pain. For some people the oxycodone won't help with pain but something else will. I would definitely call. Good luck getting some relief. Before calling make sure that you can describe the pain.. Also make sure you can rate it on a scale of 1-10 and tell them what the oxycodone does and how far it takes it down and how long it lasts or if it lasts at all. The better you can describe the pain (shooting, stabbing, agonizing, steady, etc, ) then the better they can help you. Whatever descriptive term fits use it. That way the doctor will understand what is going on. What makes it better, what makes it worse, does anything make it better or worse? I am sure they will ask. Sending tons of hugs.
Unread 07-28-2015, 10:22 PM

I have some pain issues,,oxycodone did not work but hydrocodone does I don't know why but I would call

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register