How old? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-30-2004, 10:52 AM
How old?

I'm 61 and finally after a lifetime of endometriosis and fibroids almost had the operation yesterday but switched to a oncological gynocologist who I will see on July 9.
I expcect the operation will happen shortly thereafter.
Keeping positive
And my sense of humor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2004, 10:57 AM
How old?

I am 53 and had my TAH BSO on 4/13. I waited way to long. I feel the best I have felt in years. I have no menopausal symtons, am on Cenestin for right now. I have a new life, just get tired easier but I can cope with that. Good luck on your surgery......Let us know how you are doing. Cheryl
Unread 06-30-2004, 11:12 AM
How old?

I don't know how you were able to go through that for so long. I'm 28 years old and had my TVH last month. I waited too long as it was according to my surgeon and of course DH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-30-2004, 12:53 PM
How old?

I'm 34, had my surgery at 33. I had a fibroid the size of a grapefruit which caused excessive bleeding. Turned out to be cancerous and had everything out October 10, 2003.

Good luck with your surgery!

Mary Ellen
Unread 06-30-2004, 01:19 PM
How old?

I'm 36 and going in tomorrow. Only had this problem this severe for a few months and that has been too long. Best wishes to you and hope it is a change for the best!
Unread 06-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Thanks for all the responses.
And good luck with your surgery, Caroldeleware!
Unread 06-30-2004, 05:26 PM
How old?

29...I also give you alot of credit for putting up with that for that long...been diagnosed for 3 years...way too long for me!

Erin
Unread 07-01-2004, 12:14 AM
How old?

I had my TAH almost 10 months ago at the age of 32, I had, had problems sice my first period at age 11. I hope that all goes well for you. Take care. Kay

Unread 07-01-2004, 10:55 PM
How old?

I had mine 9 months ago at the age of 38, I've needed it since I was 17 but due to age insurance would not cover it.

Life is great for me now, hope it will be for all of you too.

s

Donna
Unread 07-01-2004, 11:05 PM
How old?

I will be 27 next week. I don't want to wait much longer for my procedure. Everyone says that I am too young, but I would rather live my life to the fullest right now. Will keeping a Uterus make me satisfied? I don't think so!!

Marly

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register