had my 6 week check up today. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

had my 6 week check up today. had my 6 week check up today.

Unread 10-19-2006, 06:32 PM
had my 6 week check up today.

I went to the Dr today, he said all looks fine.
I go back to work on Monday. I have mixed feelings about that. He did an internal and did release me for sex, but I felt really kinda tender so Im not in any hurry.
I was a lil tender after his exam, but no spotting or anything.

He said now I will go to see him once a year. Unless I have any problems. And hopefully I wont have any problems!

I brought the office lots of cookies and candy.

And them my Dr his own bag of chocolates, he was happy.

I will miss seeing them. But I dont miss my periods! and PAIN!

I feel kinda depressed today, Im in a funk and not sure why!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2006, 06:39 PM

Hi Srak--
I had mine the same day as you & was also cleared for sex. I am also not in any rush for sex. Good luck at work on Monday! I have been working part time for a few weeks and find it tiring but I feel better every day.
Take care.
Ali
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:15 PM

I had my 6 week check up yesterday as well. He had already cleared me for sex after 4 weeks. I was told I could resume all activities at this point but to be careful with lifting.

I feel 100% fine. I had a TAH on 9/5 and went to Disney World on 9/29. Had the time of my life and felt great. I think all the walking really sped up my recovery. The swelling vanished completely, thank goodness.

I'm just so glad this whole thing is history.

Shelby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-19-2006, 07:37 PM

SRAK34 - just want to send you some hugs.

Sometimes getting good news can also be overwhelming - knowing now that the pain is over with - you are healed - no more periods and then knowing that your back at work - well that is a lot of information to process. Your long relationship with the Dr and staff has ended - but you can always pop in unexpectedly with more treats for them.

Allow yourself these emotions then Smile and enjoy the moment - The best thing is that it is all good news.

Take care,
Ali
Unread 10-19-2006, 07:52 PM

Hi srak34,

Glad you had a good 6 wk check up. I'm sorry you feel you're in a funk. I think just because we have the 6 wk check up doesn't mean we're ready to dig into everything. In my opinion, we take a lot longer internally to heal than just in 6 wks. Give yourself time to slowly ease back into your normal routine.

Good luck Monday and let me know how it goes.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:14 PM

I had my six week check up today and was not cleared for sex yet. Now instead of weekly visits I will see him again in 3 weeks. I know I could not have sex yet because I still have internal pains at points during the day. You just hang in there and go with how you feel.
I had to take a 2 hour nap today after the check up.
Unread 10-19-2006, 08:18 PM

Thanks so much ladies! I feel a lil better now. I think Im kinda in limbo, I dont feel awful but I dont feel great either. Im tired. The swelly belly is just so uncomfy. I usually look at the glass half full, not half empty. I am happy Im not in any more real pain and Its so nice not to have a period although I only have missed one so far.

And I will miss my dr and staff but you are right Ali, I can pop in and give them treats!

I had other things going on today as well so Im sure I was just having one of those days. Tomorrow will be better.

You ladies always make me feel better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register