Laparoscopic hysterectomy (10/12) yesterday and frequent urination | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laparoscopic hysterectomy (10/12) yesterday and frequent urination Laparoscopic hysterectomy (10/12) yesterday and frequent urination

Unread 10-13-2016, 03:36 AM
Laparoscopic hysterectomy (10/12) yesterday and frequent urination

Feeling great, just a bit sore and tender, wondering if frequent urination in normal? Haven't.managed any sleep tonight, and had to use bathroom 4 times.....hoping this settles down
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2016, 03:55 AM
Re: Laparoscopic hysterectomy (10/12) yesterday and frequent urination

Hi there! Glad things are progressing well. Do you have an IV line and fluid bag? I do and it's pumping liters of fluid into my body. I have a catheter so I don't have to get up to urinate. It's coming out this morning though so I'll soon have to be getting up.
Unread 10-13-2016, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HysiFit View Post
Hi there! Glad things are progressing well. Do you have an IV line and fluid bag? I do and it's pumping liters of fluid into my body. I have a catheter so I don't have to get up to urinate. It's coming out this morning though so I'll soon have to be getting up.
Yes I an IV bag, and I've also drank some tea and water too as dry mouth.
Out of surgery at 12 and no catheter needed as from 2pm been shuffling to and from.the bathroom....a lot!!
Had no.sleep.last night so really tired and looking forward to.going.home

How are you feeling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2016, 05:24 AM

It should go away. Due to the catheter, surgical trauma, and maybe the meds from surgery, our bladders can spasm. Feelings can range from frequent urination, to difficulties starting a stream, unsteady stream, and the sense that you're not quite empty. I think I had all of those at some point during the first week! The one that lingered the longest was feeling like I'd not completely emptied.

Unread 10-13-2016, 09:15 AM

My surgery was Tuesday, got home last night. I had a catheter fitted till noon yesterday. Urination has been sporadic - l can't seem to make a proper flow, can still feel like l have a full bladder after going and generally don't feel like l have much control in that region. The nurses told me it's all perfectly normal and will improve. My first few flows have also had some blood which l was also told is normal (as long as it doesn't continue or gets worse).

We're all going through the same things here which is why l am finding this site such a source of comfort.

Each day as it comes, is my new motto!!

Hang in there.
Unread 10-13-2016, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myamoo View Post
Yes I an IV bag, and I've also drank some tea and water too as dry mouth.
Out of surgery at 12 and no catheter needed as from 2pm been shuffling to and from.the bathroom....a lot!!
Had no.sleep.last night so really tired and looking forward to.going.home

How are you feeling?
I'm doing fairly well. Catheter is out now and had my first burning pee. Sadly it followed a bout of diarrhea where I didn't quite make it to the toilet on time. I'm fairly sure it's a hangover from the bowel prep the day before surgery. Embarrassing but the staff here are AMAZING.

Looking forward to being at home but now a little worried about continuing diarrhea. One moment at a time right?
Unread 10-13-2016, 11:41 AM

Definitely baby steps

Happy to know it's normal....just home now so hopefully be able to.sleep

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register