The countdown begins! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The countdown begins! The countdown begins!

Unread 11-15-2002, 11:05 AM
The countdown begins!

Hello all, my name is Kathy and I wanted to say how much I love this site, and I'm so glad that it's here. I've been reading the last few days, taking notes, etc. I've been battling endometriosis for years. I'm a 38 year old mother of two daughters (15,9) I had my tubes tied 8 years ago, so I know I'm done with having kids. The last few years have been very rough, painful, etc. Last year a laperoscopy showed severe endometriosis. I did 6 months of Depo Lupron shots, which put me into medically induced menopause. I had great releif during that time. Yes, I had the hot flashes, but I was able to control those with Black Cohosh. All in all, it was great. It took about 5 months for the system to kick in again, and the periods to start back. Well, I've been back in full swing for only 2 months, and it's all back just as bad as before. So, I am scheduled for a full hysterectomy on December 9th. I'm a sicko, because I really am looking forward to it. I'm ready to be pampered by the family, and eventually feeling better. I need the rest! I will take advantage of the all opportunities this will bring me. Your advice and information all over this site has been invaluable. I've got a list together of things to ask my doctor at my pre-op appointment, as well as a list started of things to take to the hospital with me. I've got more lists started for the DH and kids to do, things to do around the house prior to surgery, etc. I will continue on a daily basis to be on this site, and will start participating in chats as well. Thank you again to all of you out there for your words of wisdom, and support. By the way PDlover is for Prairie Dogs. I've had them as pets for the last 7 years, and I love them to peices! Take care, god bless.

Kathy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-15-2002, 11:09 AM
~

Hi Kathy !! Welcome s

I could have written your post. I have also been battling endo for years (after years of misdiagnoses) and have finally had enough also. Just had my last Lupron shot on 11/4, but unfortunately it hasn't helped me at all.

I have only been on this site for a very short time, but I must say it was the best "find" I ever made. Very informative ladies and the most supportive !!

Good luck to you !!

~ Vicky
Unread 11-15-2002, 03:44 PM
The countdown begins!

Hi and welcome!! You know, once I made the descion to have my hyst, I have to admit a part of me (the part that was not freaking, cleaning, or obsessing) was also really looking forward to the forced downtime, and potential pampering!!

At 3 weeks post, I am very glad I had it done, have no regrets. I didn't get very pampered by my dh, but was very touched and surprised by all the care and concern from friends and family. My mom really babied me and I really ate that up!! (I am usually everybody else's caretaker)

Many wonderful meals were made and sent over, and the most beautiful flowers delivered, and even little care packages from long distance friends.

I also pampered myself, and enjoyed cozing up with my pillows, good books, old videos, daytime soaps, bissfull peace and quiet, and lots of walks in the beautiful Florida sunshine.

Now I am ready for a little more action, but really feel refreshed from my forced vacation!

Good Luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register