pain in my hips still????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain in my hips still????? pain in my hips still?????

Unread 09-22-2005, 08:14 AM
pain in my hips still?????

I still have excrutiationg pain in my hip/vaginal area. Everytime I move I feel a hot burning pulling sensation there. I had an abdominal hyst on Sept 13, is this normal? is this something I need to let my gyno know? I'm drinking tons of water, and am trying to walk as much as I can. My bruising is getting better, only my stomach and around my hips to my bum are still black, my inner thighs are going now to a dark purply, blue and the outsides are yellowing.
Thanx for any answers.

Cabo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 01:18 PM

All I can suggest is take it easy! You're still very early in recovery and I'm not surprised that you're still having some fairly major discomfort.

Hopefully someone else who has had this sort of issue will come along with some more help for you!
Unread 09-22-2005, 01:24 PM

I have the same thing with my hips, did you by chance have any pain shots in your hips? My doc said that my aching hips are from my demerol shots in the Castle, they have to put into the muscle and it can take some time for the soreness to go away...just a thought.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM

Hey Cabowoman -

I had surgery the same day as you, only I had a TVH not a TAH. I don't have all the bruising that you describe BUT I can tell you that I have been very, very sore around my hips. It felt like my hips had been dislocated and then shoved back into place.

What kind of pain meds does the Dr have you on. I'm on percocet and as long as I take them faithfully I feel pretty DARN good!!! Maybe you should follow your intuition & call your Dr. At the very least he should be able to make you more comfy.

Just wanted to let you know that your not alone. Big Hug!!

Tracy

TVH/RSO, posterior repair, bladder repair & hemorrhoidectomy (Oh ya, I LIKE pain!!)
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:48 PM

I'm only on tylenol 3, maybe I should call and get something stronger.

Nelly Blue

I didn't have any pain shots, I was on a pump with morphine (sp).

It's more of a burning pain. I don't know, maybe it just goes with the surgery.
Unread 09-22-2005, 02:51 PM

I had my Hysterectomy on Sept 8th and my hips also have been sore with my belly as well. I figured from the pressure and bloating and being in the position from surgery probably was the biggest problem. Just my diagnosis!!!!! Comes and goes though. Keep your pain meds going. When I miss my dose, I notice it all more!!!
Unread 09-23-2005, 09:55 AM

cabowoman -

I'm in shock that they have you on just tylenol. I would beg - BEG - to be shot if I was just taking tylenol!! You need to call your Dr and get something stronger!!! I'm so mad at your docs!! You don't need to suffer like this!!! BIG HUG!! & let me know how your doing!!!

Tracy

P.S. I have ALOT of burning as well as pain from the shot. I think this is fairly normal but suffering through it ISN'T!! Please take care of yourself!!!!
Unread 09-23-2005, 10:21 AM

Hi, I had a LAVH on Sept 1, and still have that burning, pulling pain, that I believe are the muscles at the point of the stiching. Since you had it done vaginally, they had to separate your mucles, and that is painful and I guess takes long to heal. I wear a band to try and not pull or place too much stress on the muscles.
Unread 09-23-2005, 11:17 AM

Thanxs for all the suport, I've taken to drinking a glass of wine at night with a muscle relaxant and my tylenol 3 and a couple of advil, it gets me through the night, and then I just take the tylenol 3 and advil and I'm able to move around alot better.

DH and I actually went for a walk, 1/2 way down the block and back, he has put me back in bed.

I see my doc tomorrow, as I have to have the pain undercontrol, DH flies out on Monday or Tuesday and he won't be back till friday, so I'll have to get the 4 kiddies off to school!!!

Have a good day, and thanxs again for the support
Unread 09-23-2005, 03:23 PM

Just have to say that tylenol 3 would NOT do it for me. I'm taking percocet on an as needed basis w/800mg of ibuprofen it really helps. I hope you can get something stronger! Take care of yourself!

Tracy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register