encouraging Scriptures for surgery? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Posts from the Heart > Prayer Requests for Hyster Sisters

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

encouraging Scriptures for surgery? encouraging Scriptures for surgery?

Unread 02-02-2003, 07:22 PM
Beatiful Thread

I just want to thank all the Hyster Sisters that are praying for me and for my upcoming surgery. I know that the Lord is with me and will be with me during and after the surgery. I am also thankful to our Lord for leading me to this wonderful site. It has really been a blessing and it has also been a source of strength during my time waiting.

God Bless you and keep you.

Psalms 103:3
He forgives all my sins. He heals me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-02-2003, 08:27 PM
Here is something that helped me

Hi everyone. I am about 9 months post op. I had never had a major surgery and I was scared out of my wits. But with the help of everyone praying for me and the good old "feel good" drugs, I came out just fine. I will tell you the honest truth: the waiting is the hardest.
I am passing this on to everyone and hope it helps you and give you peace within yourself as it did to me.

Tammy

http://www.hopeinhim.net/theoperation.html

http://www.interviewwithgod.com/playprayer.htm
Unread 02-07-2003, 01:46 PM
Woman with the flow of blood

Dear Ones,

The Lord has been bringing this to my mind as I've been on this journey, and I've been thinking and meditating about the scripture and its significance.

In Hebrew tradition, a woman who was menstruating was "unclean". In fact, Mosaic law said she was supposed to remain in her house during her flow.

Do you see the faith of the woman that she got up off her couch, went out into the street and sought ought the Master? And that she had the courage and the faith to touch Him -- but she shyly only touched the hem of His garment, as if she wasnt' worthy of anything but the part of His robe that drug in the dirt?

The Word says that "Jesus knew immediately" that power had gone out of Him. He sensed that she had seized upon God's healing power. Did He rebuke her? No. He asked "Who touched me?" The disciples thought he was being silly, since He was in a crowd, all jostled about. Then He spoke to them plainly and told them what He was referring to.

The woman, that humble, "unclean" woman admitted what she had done. And Jesus, in His loving kindness, told her to go her way -- she was healed.

Because of our American culture, we very often don't catch the nuances of Christ's special love and compassion for "us girls". He totally understands what each one of us is going through and He has foreordained this journey.

Corrie ten Boom, the great Dutch Christian who wrote "The Hiding Place" used a wonderful allegory about the tough times in life. She said that our lives are like a tapestry or a piece of embroidery. When we look at it, all we see is everything wrongside-out -- the knots and the tangles. But Jesus takes our life (our tapestry) and turns it rightside-out -- and then, there is a beautiful picture. Our journeys through "Hyster-hood" will help to shape us into the persons He wants us to be.

Love to you all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2003, 05:37 AM
helpful scriptures for surgery

Hi sisters, i am knew here and finding my way round the hystersisters, and now i have found sisters in christ, amen!! my surgery was 3yrs ago, and these are the scriptures/poems that really helped me and still do. GOD BLESS

Psalm 46.10Be still and know that i am God

Footprints

one night i had a dream, i dreamed i was walking along the beach with God, and across the sky flashed scenes from my life, for each scene i noticed two sets of footprints in the sand, one belonged to me and the other to God. When the last scene of my life flashed before us, i looked back at the footprints in the sand. I noticed that at times along the path of life there was only one set of footprints. i also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of my life. This really bothered me and i questioned God about it. "God you said that once i decided to follow you, you would walk with me all the way, but i noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why, in times when i needed you most, you would leave me" God replied " My precious precious child, I love you and I would never, never leave during your times of trials and suffering. When you see only one set of footprints, it was then that i carried you" Margaret Fishback Powers

BECAUSE HE CARE
Whatever life may send your way, remember Jesus cares, At the break of every day, remember Jesus cares, at the fall of every night He will be caring still, Take comfort and remember that He always will.

Isaiah 58.11 The Lord will guide you always

And i could go on forever, so i will leave it there, hope this is helpful to you sisters embarking on this journey,just keep trusting in God and he will sustain you and keep you in his perfect peace, I pray for peace for all of you and Bless You all always.

God Bless
Hazel
Unread 04-07-2003, 02:58 AM
scriptures

Thank You!!!

I am going in this morning. I have been encouraged by all of the scriptures here.

I have my favorite also. I was in a very dark place in my life and I said a little prayer then opened my BIBLE to Psalm 34 and began to read. I have never forgotten the feeling of peace that it gave me. I have found that no matter what my situation, all I need to do is read it and I am always~everytime set free for any and all of my fears.
Unread 06-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Strength in scripture

James 1:2
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.

Romans 5:1-5
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

I try to remember that a common theme to most world religions is compassion. We must go through "trials of many kinds" so that, when the time comes, God can speak through us to help comfort those here on earth who may be suffering as we have. This site is an excellent example!!

Peace be with you,
chaas40
Unread 11-12-2003, 11:28 PM
encouraging Scriptures for surgery?

Okay, I know it's already been posted several times but you have to hear it from the amplified bible!

Isaiah 41:10

Fear not [there is nothing to fear], for I am with you; do not look around you in terror and be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen and harden you to difficulties, yes I will help you; yes I will hold you up and retain you with My [victorious] right hand of rightness and justice.

This is the scripture I had when they removed my gallbladder (first surgery) last year and it is definitely the one I'm taking with me this time! Don't you love the amplified?

Jenell
Unread 11-17-2003, 11:07 PM

Dear Sister Sashi,
As I read the scriptures you posted, the power of the Word of God ignited in my heart. Many can quote scripture, but I was overwhelmed by the power of your faith. Somehow, your faith came alive for me because these scriptures are alive and living to you! You managed to list many of my favorites and a few I hadn't thought of. Many thanks! I think I'll go get my bible...
Anne
TAH November 19, 2003 fibroids and adenomyosis
Unread 05-01-2004, 08:43 AM
RE:My Dear Child

Wow....
Thank you so much for adding that letter from GOD!! I am so distraught and worried about having my hyst... After and during reading, there was a peace inside of me, surrounding me........ I think all of this that I am going through is a way for me to reconnect with God..... I had been a little sheep astray and I think this is the Shepard's time to "break my legs" and carry me around his neck so I never go astray again.... Oh the peace and love of being in HIS arms..... thank you for sharing!!!
Unread 05-06-2004, 05:39 PM

thank you all for theses scriptures,

I shall copy them and have then stuck all round my bed when I go in.

Its great to have so many Christian sisters to share the joy of the Lord with.

Be Blessed
Pauline

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register