LAVH 4 days post hysterectomy: Shower good or bad? And what underwear to wear | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 days post hysterectomy:  Shower good or bad? And what underwear to wear 4 days post hysterectomy: Shower good or bad? And what underwear to wear

Unread 01-29-2016, 09:54 PM
4 days post hysterectomy: Shower good or bad? And what underwear to wear

I took my first shower and it was uneventful how was everyone else exoerience? Also I used all my period underwear up and now left with nothing til hubby does laundry. What undies should I wear? Or just wear his boxers?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2016, 11:32 PM
Re: 2 questions? Shower good or bad? And what underwear to wear

I took my first shower 2 days after my surgery and I could barely stand alone my boyfriend had to help me wash up which was really uncomfortable but I needed a shower lol I wear reg underwear I did however wear the ones the hospital gave me for like 4 days
Unread 01-29-2016, 11:42 PM
Re: 2 questions? Shower good or bad? And what underwear to wear

Showering was a task for me until about 3 weeks post op. I found it hard to stand straight up so I resorted to sitting on the edge of the tub and washing up that way. As far as underwear goes I haven't wore any since coming home from surgery. I've found that they bothered my abdominal incision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-30-2016, 07:45 AM
Re: 4 days post hysterectomy: Shower good or bad? And what underwear to wear

Wear any underwear that feels comfortable. If your husband's boxers feel comfortable, wear those. Has he got the weekend off from work? Maybe a gentle suggestion about the laundry would be appropriate. Give him a choice: suggest that he *either* do laundry *or* go out and buy you more underwear. :-)

"Uneventful" means that at least nothing went wrong, eh? At least you got a chance to wash off the clammy night-sweats.
Unread 01-30-2016, 08:13 AM

I had my first shower the next morning after my op in the hospital. I was stuffed afterwards even though I had a shower chair to sit on. When I got home from hospital I hired one for about a week and it was great. As for underpants I had to get someone to buy me some underpants that sat up near my belly button so they wouldn't hurt my scar and they were comfortable.
Unread 01-30-2016, 10:54 AM

I notice you had a laparoscopic procedure, as I did. I was okay showering after two days, using a shower chair that my dad uses because of his mobility issues; I also kept the temperature lukewarm to lower the chance of dizziness or fainting. As for underwear, I had bought several new pairs the week before my surgery; I chose bikinis, because I figured they wouldn't bother my incisions, but you can wear whatever feels most comfortable to you. Best wishes for your continued recovery!
Unread 01-30-2016, 11:01 AM

I also showered the day after my surgery. I took a short shower with warm water. It was uncomfortable and i was scared, but slowly i did it alone and i felt relaxed. The there though.

I am 9 post op and feel great considering how i was feeling the first 5 days. I pray that my recovery will continue this way.

Feel better.

Kahlo
Unread 01-30-2016, 01:07 PM

Lol that's true . No he is working though this weekend which sucks. And yes I was able to wash off the nite swest. I took the tylenol before bed and i didn't have any night sweats

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurprisedInNB View Post
Wear any underwear that feels comfortable. If your husband's boxers feel comfortable, wear those. Has he got the weekend off from work? Maybe a gentle suggestion about the laundry would be appropriate. Give him a choice: suggest that he *either* do laundry *or* go out and buy you more underwear. :-)

"Uneventful" means that at least nothing went wrong, eh? At least you got a chance to wash off the clammy night-sweats.
Unread 01-30-2016, 01:11 PM

Thanks ladies for ur comments . Hopefully the next shower ill be able to enjoy it. As far as underwear im still spotting so just dealibg with whatever i have now. Hope everyone is well. Have gd weekend .
Unread 01-30-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericapaige View Post
Thanks ladies for ur comments . Hopefully the next shower ill be able to enjoy it. As far as underwear im still spotting so just dealibg with whatever i have now. Hope everyone is well. Have gd weekend .
Wear whatever is comfortable. I am 3 1/2 weeks post op. I wore loose boy shorts that did not cover my belly. I found that anything that touched my belly hurt that first week to the point that I rolled down the waist band of my loose sweats. I tried hubbys pajama pants and they were loose enough, but the went up too high. Just brushing my belly was too much for me. Feel better!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register