The day is fast approaching | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The day is fast approaching The day is fast approaching

Unread 07-10-2012, 07:28 PM
The day is fast approaching

Had pre-op yesterday. The day is fast approaching. I am so nervous. Asked a lot of questions which was good because they had not been listening to me about the bladder issues I am also having. She said, may need to postpone surgery to do a bladder study. Never heard of a bladder study before. I said, whatever it takes. Upon further questioning she determined that there was a test that she could do in the office that might give her what she needed to evaluate that piece. Sure enough, my bladder preformed and so bladder repair has been added to the surgery.

Trying to wrap up things with work so I am a bit overwhelmed. My cycle seems to be running scared as I am now 10 days late I wish it would just be done already! Bye bye forever!

This site has been helpful and has given me many things to ponder. I feel I am as prepared as I can be.

I do have one question, everyone talks about making your home in bed for a bit but won't it be painful to be laying flat down? just curious. I spent 2 plus weeks sleeping in a recliner early May when I had my tonsils taken out. I don't have a television in my room (which isn't a bad thing) just wondering what I should do. My hubby will be home for 2 weeks just so happened that's how he planned his vacation this year. I am glad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Re: The day is fast approaching

The waiting is awful... and seems never-ending. Your date will come sooner than you think. It's good that you got your bladder issues sorted out with your doctor.

A lot of women on the site said they liked the recliner. I got bored in bed on the first day and went to lay down on the sectional couch with a lot of cushions. It was just more "social" than being in bed (hubby was in the living room). The other bonus with a recliner is that it has arms to push up on when you want to get up. Sitting up from laying flat is hard the first few days, as is getting out of a chair with no arms.

Perhaps the best thing is to plan to be able to move your recovery area from one to the other, depending on which you find the most comfortable.
Unread 07-10-2012, 08:53 PM

Everyone has their healing spot....

I just did my normal bed for sleeping, but wanted to be out in the world during the day so spent time on the family room couch - the room with the TV. Did not lay down a lot, but they are slightly reclined.

Just try some things, and if it does not work out, you can always adjust..

Glad DH will be with you for two weeks....that is wonderful.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2012, 11:54 PM

Two surgeries so close together - you poor thing!

I plan to sleep and read in bed, then use an upstairs family room for TV. I think if I spend all my time in one room I will lose my mind.

I've heard recliners can be comfortable but that you need to make sure you have someone there to help you out of them (I probably read it somewhere on this site!). Apparently you can really mess things up if you try to move the chair yourself. Although I agree that having arms to push off of would be helpful.

Good luck to you!
Unread 07-11-2012, 07:40 AM

I spent the first few days in bed because it was easier for me to rest there but after that I was on the couch.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register